Diablo® III

Video Card Not Supported FIX !

If you have a regular laptop (or an old desktop), you might get the following Diablo 3 error message:

“We have detected that your video card is not supported by the Diablo 3”.

This is especially true if you have one with an Intel graphics card that are built-in: Intel GMA 900 series, Intel GMA 3000 series, Intel GMA 4000 series, and Intel GMA 4500 series.

So what are the steps needed to bypass the “card-not-supported” error message and make Diablo 3 run on your laptop.

Step 1: When you receive the error message “this video card is not supported”, press ESC instead of clicking “OK” to dismiss the window and launch the game anyway.

Step 2: If this fails, adding “-launch” to the command line launches the game without the game launcher. So right-click the Diablo 3 icon and get to “Properties”. Go to the Target field and add -launch to whatever you see there, example:
“C:\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe” -launch

(EDIT - Added Information) - If it still launches the Launcher and not directly starts the game, Just hit Play, then wait for the “this video card is not supported”, press ESC instead of clicking “OK” to dismiss the window and launch the game anyway.

Step 3: Once the game has started once, exit it. Go to your Documents folder (libraries/documents/diablo III) and there will be a Diablo III directory there with a file “D3Prefs”. Open it with Notepad.

Change the following settings:
- DisableTrilinearFiltering “1″ (from 0 to 1)
- HardwareClass “1″ (from 0 to 1 as well)

Step 4: Start the game again and it should work!

Of course, you’ll probably need to lower your resolution and graphics settings in order to get a decent frame rate.

Thank me later. Have Fun.

PS: (EDIT - Added Information) - If it still launches the Launcher and not directly starts the game, Just hit Play, then wait for the “this video card is not supported”, press ESC instead of clicking “OK” to dismiss the window and launch the game anyway.
Edited by Ganasoth#1611 on 5/17/2012 6:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
When I add -launch to it, when I try to open the icon it still takes me to the game launcher. I am using Vista x32 bit. Any suggestions?
Reply Quote
I had the same issue with the game launcher even after adding the -launch.
I just went ahead and followed the next step. i.e. changing the lines in the notepad of the "D3Prefs". I then launched the game again and it worked.
Reply Quote
I see HW class but I can not find trilinierfiltering...
Reply Quote
I tried that as well and it still won't work. Maybe it's a vista thing? I'll try downloading it on my W7 laptop and see if it works.
Reply Quote
Wow thanks so much dude!!!!!

btw

05/17/2012 03:00 AMPosted by NinjaMonkey
I see HW class but I can not find trilinierfiltering...

i had the same problem at first but i eventually found it, its like 9 lines above HW
Edited by B1Gdawg#1237 on 5/17/2012 6:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Works really well for me except server is down now :/
Reply Quote
I have vista too. Did you hit the esc key when the dialog box of "video card not supported" comes up after making the notepad changes?
Reply Quote
Ganasoth...you rock!!!
Reply Quote
yes u do arivira and ty Ganasoth u helped me out alot i was mad for a while cause i used the code and cant return my money but then u posted in that video card thread and it helped alot :).
Reply Quote
hey i got a question about this, i did everything you said but when i hit escape i get a white screen that covers a 1/4 of my moniter and keeps on loading but nothing pops up, anyway to by pass this? and also, says i need to update my drivers, i already have =/
Reply Quote
well... i can play it. but with all of the lowest graphics settings, its really choppy.

anyone want to build me a computer?
Reply Quote
Obviously your keyboard works just fine.....
Reply Quote
well... i can play it. but with all of the lowest graphics settings, its really choppy.

anyone want to build me a computer?
What's your budget?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Neato, I finally got it to work as well. The only problem is that the graphics are terrible! LOL All well...guess it's time to get a new laptop!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I'm having to same issue as Carbon. After i exit the warning and Diablo 3 begins to load it just turns most of my screen white and theirs another error message saying that my graphics card is missing and updating my drivers will help... I updated and it still brings me to the same white screen with the error message. Any suggestions?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
i have had the same problems i am able to play the game but it is incredibly choppy my character runs slow and the general movement is bad... my problem is the intel chipset but being determined to play i have a solution for the lag experienced from having an unsupported chipset. all i have done is reduced my desktop resolution to 800x600 and its now playable!
Reply Quote
Sticky this or make an official statement , Blizz please.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]