Diablo® III

Video Card Not Supported FIX !

Need to see if this works for a friend of mine!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
So I've gotten the same problem, and used the same fix. But I still get a crash report and Diablo has never even opened (other than the launcher) for my system. Ideas?
Reply Quote
Other half seems to get a "Graphics card missing required features" message even after the above hints (got further but had message and screen went grey/white.

She is using a laptop with 'Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family' according to her Device Manager, any ideas?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
@adam i have the same chipset i got rid of that error by...

Step 3: Once the game has started once, exit it. Go to your Documents folder (libraries/documents/diablo III) and there will be a Diablo III directory there with a file “D3Prefs”. Open it with Notepad.

Change the following settings:
- DisableTrilinearFiltering “1″ (from 0 to 1)
- HardwareClass “1″ (from 0 to 1 as well)
Reply Quote
thank you kind sir
Reply Quote
Any help for mac users?
Reply Quote
Why would you want to make a chipset which is not supported and really down grades game performance just so you can play a game and in a crappy environment at that. New computers are cheap, I would suggest that it's time to upgrade.
Reply Quote
I hope blizzard introduces a fix to fix this fix. It's an exploit and blizzard should ban anyone using it.
Reply Quote
anyone got solution for this in ubuntu linux ?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Thanks, I went through all the steps and it seems to be working good now
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
HAIGAIS!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
HAI IM GAYBRIEL!
Reply Quote
So for your friendly mac users you have to
1. Enable hidden files (do a google search to learn how)
2. go to users/name/library(hidden file)/applicationssupport/Blizzard/DiabloIII/D3Prefs
3. - DisableTrilinearFiltering “1″ (from 0 to 1)
- HardwareClass “1″ (from 0 to 1 as well)
4. Start the game
Reply Quote
Thx a lot reallly help my brother alot!
Reply Quote
A good friend of mine has been frothing at the mouth to play this game. He was a Cow Level, Hardcore Mode D2 player. I ended up giving him a guest pass so we could play the first act together. It took him about 20 hours to download it and, when he started it up, he got that graphics support error, and it completely disappointed him. I can't wait to hear the good news when he tries your fixes, thanks.
Reply Quote
The bypass does not work for me. I get a error message saying to email blizzard the problem.
Reply Quote
How well does it run on a GMA 3100 series? I'm curious.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Would it kill Blizz to have the installer app check your computer hardware BEFORE you spent $60 and hours downloading something that gives you "Video card not supported" the second you try to play?
Edited by Cromskid#1448 on 5/19/2012 7:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Dude, thanks for sharing this trick. Now I can play in my weekends ^^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]