Diablo® III

Video Card Not Supported FIX !

to Fix the Lag turn your resoltion too 800x600, and it wil be a great improvement, on lag
Reply Quote
I've finally gotten my key and waited 13 hours for the game to be installed. Now it says at first the video card isn't supported... So I tried all the stuff that was listed on the internet and all I got was this grey image and a box that says "update your video card" - but my video card is up to date and my computer works just fine and is able to run it - well if it worked :/

I really hope that someone can help me, cuz I wanna play!
Reply Quote
WOW! You the MAN!
Reply Quote
Thanks.
Reply Quote
Not sure if anyone else is having the same problem, but after the game was patched with 1.0.3 this method won't get me on anymore.

Anyone have any ideas?
Reply Quote
Heyya people,

Since the latest update 1.0.3 all the above fixes ave been reverted and now the game just freezes my laptop. All I can do form there is restart.

I originally had all the original symptom again but after seeing it had reset the D3Prefs file I have changed everything again it played the intro movie but then again crashed my laptop.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
Reply Quote
Heyya people,

Since the latest update 1.0.3 all the above fixes ave been reverted and now the game just freezes my laptop. All I can do form there is restart.

I originally had all the original symptom again but after seeing it had reset the D3Prefs file I have changed everything again it played the intro movie but then again crashed my laptop.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Same thing happened to me once i rewrote the notepad files, the game just crashes
Reply Quote
ive been playing this game on my new laptop for over 4 days now, and after the last update i got the video card not supported error, the game runs just fine on my radeon hd 7970m, i think the new update messed something up, the pressing ESC when you see the message worked for me, i haven't tested any of the other tricks, but really we shouldn't have to do this, this laptop can run any game out there, i know the card is a bit to new and there isn't many driver options, but the card is strong, i hope the next update has a little better gpu support and this stupid error message goes away
Reply Quote
i'm also having problems since the newest update, can use ESC to get past the first message but just get a gray screen and it freezes afterwards.

pleeeaaaseee help, i need my D3 fix :P
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Okay, I did everything mentioned at beginning of this thread, but my screen goes white and says 'click to retry creating a d3d device'???? when I click retry, it eventually cancels itself out and closes the entire thing...
Reply Quote
So I tried the fix and all I get is a white screen and hourglass?
Reply Quote
I get the blackscreen after doing all this. I can hear music and see the cursor but it's only a blackscreen. Any fix to this problem?
Reply Quote
Any ideas? Would like to get an old desktop to work with D3 just to check the AH. After the patch it seems the fix doesn't work anymore.
Reply Quote
I cant find the ''D3Prefs'' file.. anyone can help?

Step 3: Once the game has started once, exit it. Go to your Documents folder (libraries/documents/diablo III) and there will be a Diablo III directory there with a file “D3Prefs”. Open it with Notepad.

Change the following settings:
- DisableTrilinearFiltering “1″ (from 0 to 1)
- HardwareClass “1″ (from 0 to 1 as well)
Reply Quote
same , i'm really mad it says graphics card now .. -.- please help blizzard
Reply Quote
bumpy thanks for the info
Reply Quote
57 Troll Hunter
For the white screen fix, did u do all the steps? i had the same problem after step 2 but after i did step 3 everything worked fine. And if the games choppy change to low and 800 x 600 resolution. Hope this helps. And my laptop has the Mobile Intel(R) 4 series Express Chipset Family, everything runs fine.
Reply Quote
thanks Ganasoth!!! finally got it to work on my windows xp laptop
Edited by alinverse#6890 on 8/4/2012 11:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm reminded of the release of Starcraft 2.

The game was causing computers with certain graphics cards to melt down completely, ruining the entire computer.

The problem: the game wasn't coded to properly limit menu framerates across all platforms, so some graphics cards were rendering the menu screens as fast as they possibly could.

Since then, I've set my graphics utilities to force v-sync on, just in case someone makes this tragic error in the future.

Diablo 3 was actually released with problems that caused it to perform very poorly on some platforms when v-sync was enabled. Needless to say, I was terrified to ever park it in a menu screen.
Reply Quote
Thanks very much, couldn't play this game if you hand't of made this post!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]