Diablo® III

My follower, the templar has disappeared?

08/02/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Lylirra
Oh, and PS - we're also looking to reduce the frequency of follower dialog. While we don't have any plans at this time to allow players to turn off the dialog completely, we have heard your feedback that you feel followers should be a bit more...terse. :)
instead could you increase the available dialog? by that, I don't mean how often occurs, but the number of things they have to say. maybe talk about their past, possibly expanding on the information given out when you use the talk function with them.
Reply Quote
08/02/2012 11:55 AMPosted by ShadowStarr5

Haha. They are a pretty excitable bunch, aren't they?

We want to improve follower AI, absolutely -- probably not for 1.0.4, but definitely for the future. This would of course include working to make it so that your followers don't go all LEEEEERRROOOOY JEEEENNNKINS on nearby monsters which you haven't yet attacked (like treasure goblins, Elites, etc).

Do you have any thoughts on Followers having the option to equip a chest piece and Helmet again?

One of the best ways to recycle old gear was to give it to your merc

I second this. more control of my minion's skills and bonuses the better.
Reply Quote
Hopefully the follower will gain some smarts too and stop attacking mobs when I don't want him to.

We want to improve follower AI, absolutely -- probably not for 1.0.4, but definitely for the future. This would of course include working to make it so that your followers don't go all LEEEEERRROOOOY JEEEENNNKINS on nearby monsters which you haven't yet attacked (like treasure goblins, Elites, etc).

Heh I think this bit of dialogue needs to be added to the Scoundrel. Imagine him running off while your staring at your phat lewts.... and him yelling LEEEEROOOOYYYYY
Edited by OaXlin#1817 on 8/9/2012 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Heh I think this bit of dialogue needs to be added to the Scoundrel. Imagine him running off while your staring at your phat lewts.... and him yelling LEEEEROOOOYYYYY

Unkown voice: "GOSH DANGIT LEEROY! YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT!"
Leeroy:"... At least I ain't chicken!"

Edit:
I think having this happen every once in a while in a game would be hilarious. Have the follower occasionally run off screen yelling LEEEEEROOOOOYYYYYY JEEEENNNNKIIIINNNNSSSS!, and then have the dialogue from the actual occurence start playing between the hero and the follower. Just my opinion...
Edited by Aladon#1533 on 8/10/2012 7:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/02/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Lylirra
Oh, and PS - we're also looking to reduce the frequency of follower dialog. While we don't have any plans at this time to allow players to turn off the dialog completely, we have heard your feedback that you feel followers should be a bit more...terse. :)

I am strongly against it. If some players don't want to listen to followers' dialogues, give it ONLY as an OPTION. I was fine with the amount of their talking pre-1.0.4 and now I really miss their frequent conversations. Since opinions on this topic are divided, please let us choose - everyone for themselves - whether they want to here the followers' conversations more often (like before) or less often (like in 1.0.4). I don't know if the majority of players care about it but for me listening to these conversations is one of the favourite things in Diablo III.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]