Diablo® III

Diablo III social system - not so great to me

Hello,

I want to have a topic to discuss the problems with Diablo III chat/join game system. First of all the auto-join for a quest system seems really annoying if it's your only option. Part of the beauty of the game list in Diablo II was finding games with people doing the goal you want, such as game names like "Act1-3". There was many times I would join a game with a name like that and play ac1 1-3 all the way through with a group of eight people and it was great, much better than joining a game and half of the time they leave, don't want to play with me, or are AFK in town. I made a ton of friends in Diablo II from public games.

Secondly, another issue that I have and others have reported is that 99% of the time when you auto join a game it only puts you with one other person, almost never two or three. This really takes away from my gaming experiences

Here is a picture of the game list from diablo II:

http://www.diablofans.com/uploads/med_316.png[/img]http://www.diablofans.com/uploads/med_316.png

The next complaint I have is one very similar to that of Starcraft II's battle.net system. It feels very, very lonely. On top of all the games you join being only two people, less people in game over-all and no game list to be able to join games which are likely to make you friends(instead you get one person at complete random) there is another huge issue that makes it feel so lonely. That ladies and gentlemen is chat channels..

When you were in the lobby of diablo II things felt great - you had your game list on the side to look for good games, you had a full-screen chat, you were able to see the people actually in the channels chars including how they looked in their gear and their level.

On top of that you also had a little profile you could read that they made if you right clicked their name, like so(sorry for the bad pictures, I don't have Diablo II installed anymore and I had to do with what I found in google images)
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/AJCEfRlb3HE/0.jpg[/img]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/AJCEfRlb3HE/0.jpg

I felt the over-all social experiences in Diablo II was much, much better in every aspect

I think that all of these things missing is almost unreal, and actually SEVERELY hurts my gaming experiences. I make less friends, am less social, and end up playing the game a lot less because of it when I actually want to play with people.

So now my rant is over, does anyone agree with me, am I completely missing some small thing I can just change to fix all my problems and blizzard really didn't leave all this great stuff out?

Anyways, thanks for the read and hope to have a discussion on the subject.
Reply Quote
Ya, that all sounds about right to me.

I don't like the 4 player limit either. It's cool for now, but, I can agree with everything you say and seeing those things becoming problems in the long run.

I'm not sure they'll be "deal breakers." If they are, oh well, there's no monthly fee to play so - that'll be that.
Reply Quote
Even SC2's sub par social system was better than what we're getting in D3... but I suppose Blizzard will just be adding all that to the expansion if their consumers let them get away with it just like with HotS.

When they released the feature list for HotS, I immediately face-palmed.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Couldn't agree more with this, sounds so perfect.
Reply Quote
Ya, that all sounds about right to me.

I don't like the 4 player limit either. It's cool for now, but, I can agree with everything you say and seeing those things becoming problems in the long run.

I'm not sure they'll be "deal breakers." If they are, oh well, there's no monthly fee to play so - that'll be that.

Starcraft II's system might be better, but it was still a very large downograde from Starcraft: Brood war, Warcraft III and Diablo II. There were thousands of complaints about their system and in response their new expansion will include most of the features that are currently missing that were there in their older games.
Reply Quote
I wish they would fix or even mention the whole only joining games with 1 other person thing.
Reply Quote
Why fix a system that worked so well for 15 years what showed us the new innovative way we now are forced to use? Is it just solely because of bots because I would rather have bots spamming and have a general chat than not have one at all.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Great Points, i completely agree
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
ya totally
Reply Quote
Think of it... yet... it works.

No need for game names.
You may join a friend's game by rightclicking on their ID and selecting Join group.

You may go on general's chat from the hero menu.

You may invite a friend in your game.
You don't have to put a damn password to a have a private game.

etc... etc.... etc...

This system is modernised and is better.
It's new... but it's not necessarily worst.

I think...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Spot on, original poster.
Edited by BadCompany#1209 on 5/20/2012 7:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
hey, really off topic- how did you chan ge youre battlenet profile picture to one of diablos?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]