Diablo® III

normal is too easy

is anyone esle feeling normal is just a walk in the park? id perfuer to jump to a higher difficulty... im board of just slaying everything in 2-3 shots. ive played wizzard, demon, and witch doc and its the same story i feel WAY to OP even on hardcore. id like some reassurance that it will get harder as i get to act 2 and even harder once i start the next difficulty
Reply Quote
Just think of it as a hubris-builder.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Normal mode is for the "we want it now" crowd that don't like spending time on *grinding* that is why Blizzard put in LFR to please that bunch of whiners.

Just think of it as a tutorial lol a walk through of what is to come?
Reply Quote
a 12 hour walk though? you got to beat teh enitre game to get to the next difficulty i HATE when games do that :| i can understand like the last difficulty being locked but all :| oh well ill grind though it :P
Reply Quote
Whats the point in normal being hard?

I wanna build a little loot, gold etc, see the story and get a feel for the play styles of the characters...

I plan on making a few characters and if each one had a challange running thru normal it'd be a pain in the !@#.

This game is for the long run of grinding and building up characters which can take a LONG time if you can't play 8 hours a day. No need to be challenged every step of the way imo. Its fine.
Reply Quote
it'll get harder as you get to act 2, act 2 final boss is hardest in the game
Reply Quote
named llzTrollin...

05/16/2012 08:04 PMPosted by IIzTrollin
a 12 hour walk though? you got to beat teh enitre game to get to the next difficulty i HATE when games do that :| i can understand like the last difficulty being locked but all :| oh well ill grind though it :P

either "trollin" or never touched a Diablo game before.
Reply Quote
Normal is suppose to be easy.

Then you switch it up to Nightmare and run screaming for your lives at the first nasty combo champ-pack you see.

NM is no joke, Hell and Inferno are going to be nutty.
Reply Quote
its the setup bro... just before you get bent over in later difficulties
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
05/17/2012 05:18 AMPosted by Ludi
its the setup bro... just before you get bent over in later difficulties

^ like he said. Normal difficulty is just Blizzard's way of lubing you up before f***ing you up the a** repeatedly on higher difficulties. It's a gesture of kindness; thank them for it.

How 'bout you stop complaining how "easy" normal is and roll up your sleeves for Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno. I'll be watching for your name on any future "damn this is hard!" posts. You just removed your right to legitimately complain about Diablo III difficulty by making this post. In the 'Hardcore' section too. Not very smart.

Edited: fixed spelling errors. I think.
Edited by Gooberzoid#2284 on 5/17/2012 1:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Normal is the place you can level up your characters before sending them to their deaths.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Normal mode is your corpse run.
Reply Quote
id like some reassurance that it will get harder as i get to act 2 and even harder once i start the next difficulty

Wait, so all of your characters are in act 1 of normal? How are you judging normal as a whole?
Reply Quote
They see me trollin...
Reply Quote
The difficulty is RIDICULOUSLY easy... me and my bro just killed a boss in like 5 seconds?? in fact my bro killed a boss *on his own* in 5 seconds (I scratched my eye)!!!

Spend 15 hours to complete the game to play it how it should be? Pfft. I'm so bored i'm not sure I've got time to finish DiabloIII. :(

Arg. Blizzard really screwed this one up. BLIZZARD IF YOURE READING PLLEEEEEEEASE for the love of god patch the game so we can increase the diffuculty. Making the game so easy doesn't open it up to a wider audience, it bores away both die-harders AND newbies. PLEASE Give us some choice.
Reply Quote
The difficulty is RIDICULOUSLY easy... me and my bro just killed a boss in like 5 seconds?? in fact my bro killed a boss *on his own* in 5 seconds (I scratched my eye)!!!

Spend 15 hours to complete the game to play it how it should be? Pfft. I'm so bored i'm not sure I've got time to finish DiabloIII. :(

Arg. Blizzard really screwed this one up. BLIZZARD IF YOURE READING PLLEEEEEEEASE for the love of god patch the game so we can increase the diffuculty. Making the game so easy doesn't open it up to a wider audience, it bores away both die-harders AND newbies. PLEASE Give us some choice.

i don't understand how you can speak for the Die-Hards, because this must be your first diablo game. tell me how hard was normal in D2? pretty damn easy.
Reply Quote
normal, like many have said, is for those who might not have ever played a Diablo game in their lives. it's a warm-up--a refresher--for those who have. it isn't meant to be brutally difficult, although I do wager that you'll die on more than a few bosses. just keep going, the acts progressively get a bit more difficult. on the last string of bosses, I found myself needing to kite for cds and actually USE those health cauldron things (on normal) on a barb, of all classes.
Edited by deejK#1217 on 5/18/2012 1:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
News flash: normal is easy. If you want it harder, get your characters out of normal. Why is this so utterly bewildering to some people?
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 07:55 PMPosted by IIzTrollin
is anyone esle feeling normal is just a walk in the park? id perfuer to jump to a higher difficulty... im board of just slaying everything in 2-3 shots. ive played wizzard, demon, and witch doc and its the same story i feel WAY to OP even on hardcore. id like some reassurance that it will get harder as i get to act 2 and even harder once i start the next difficulty

LOL

I'm in Hell. You better tape up your butthole before you enter NM. Particularly post Skeleton King content for Act1, and then each successive area of Act2.
Reply Quote
LOL

I'm in Hell. You better tape up your butthole before you enter NM. Particularly post Skeleton King content for Act1, and then each successive area of Act2.

pretty much this, I just barely started Nightmare and it's bonkers. to give you an example, my 33 barb with 50% dr from armor got hit for a 232 (out of his 2.5k pool) by one of those one-hitter zombies in Act I.

think about how you're going to approach a blue group, or even a single boss, like Belial... you're going to get massacred. don't worry, the game gets much harder.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]