Diablo® III

Diablo 3 lag fix and more lag issues.

Ok so I just bought Diablo 3 and spent hours working on getting it running smoothly and the only way I can play it without a !@#$ ton of lag or it not running at all is to go into windows task manager set Diablo 3 to priority high (and keep that saved with a little app thing you can get here http://www.askvg.com/how-to-permanently-set-process-priority-in-windows-task-manager/ ). Then after about 8 hours of gameplay I decided to put it into windowed mode so that I could watch a video while I play the game just to have it start all over again UNLESS I play it at about 70-80% screen size. So I posted this to find out if anyone knows how to fix the windowed lag issues, and to let everyone who is having lag problems what is working for me. And just so everyone knows even with the lag issues my computer was running at like 18% cpu usage so I know its not and issue with my specs or if it is its something odd.

Also I am now having resolution lag. When my resolution is at the correct setting (1600x900) it hits almost a complete stop. When I set it to 1024x600 it runs fine and looks like crap. Does anyone know how to fix the resolution issues so that I can play this game in the correct settings?
Edited by Regnumexdeus#1170 on 5/22/2012 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I seriously think that the servers are having issues. My comp is well above the recommended requirements but I still have lag issues when I'm in large fights. I move rather slowly when I'm not fighting and when I get to a boss fight, I die because it takes forever to shoot when I click the mouse.
Reply Quote
stuttering as we call it. we havent gotten an answer from blizzard yet. as of right now they haven't addressed the issue at all...
Reply Quote
I have the same issue and it's not my computer. I'm not sure if maybe it's requiring an internet connection that is far greater than most of us have or what.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Im having more of an issue of this than any other game I have played.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I won't deny, this game is making me upset.

Just inside Leoric's manor house? huge lag.
Act 2 Dalghur oasis and most of the sewer dungeons in act 2? huge lag.
It's ridiculous. My comp *EASILY* should run this game on HIGH, and even on low, with high priority, I can't play with my friends because I'm fighting a mob very..very slowly, then all of a sudden my game catches up and they're 30 steps away already running down the next hallway.

What gives?
Reply Quote
Yeah I did a little more experimenting and found out that the full screen lag is fixed if I switch it from 1600x900 to 1024x600 on my 1600x900 resolution display so of course there is a massive graphics drop and the game looks like !@#$. Even when I turn up the settings to near max. This is getting a bit ridiculous, I was on the wall about getting it and now I completely regret it. This is just bad on blizzards end. The beta should have worked out these problems, first week server problems are expected but these display problems should not be happening. Even with the correct driver updates and there recommended specs I am still having problems, I don't think I will be buying any more blizzard games if this isn't fixed soon.
Reply Quote
I've tried every single fix I can find...still can't get into a fight without lag. Even the first fight of the game lags.

I can run around all day as long as no enemies approach..once I do things just freeze but my character can still move wherever I want...then anywhere from 5-50 seconds later (was only 5-20 yesterday, today is getting worse) everything snaps into place (including my character flying back usually surrounded by enemies and dying). It is terrible. I have been trying to stay positive but I spent $65 to play a working game.
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Druid
i just installed the game and when i log in lag right away.even in the character creation. the game is good but the lag sucks.. any suggestion blizzard???

i really want to play this game!!!!!
i played diablo 1 and 2 i dont want the 3rd one to be a let down just because of a LAG!!
Reply Quote
I just wish Blizzard would let us know they are working on it. Haven't seen anything regarding this issue.
Reply Quote
I've tried every single fix I can find...still can't get into a fight without lag. Even the first fight of the game lags.

I can run around all day as long as no enemies approach..once I do things just freeze but my character can still move wherever I want...then anywhere from 5-50 seconds later (was only 5-20 yesterday, today is getting worse) everything snaps into place (including my character flying back usually surrounded by enemies and dying). It is terrible. I have been trying to stay positive but I spent $65 to play a working game.

more or less the same for me
Reply Quote
Same problem. Sign this. Im trying to get it big enough so Blizzard actually addresses the issue.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149617889
Reply Quote
Same problem. Sign this. Im trying to get it big enough so Blizzard actually addresses the issue.

Petition threads will just get closed/deleted.
They don't appreciate them.
Reply Quote
The lag for me today has made it unplayable, normally I am never over 100ms, yet today I am constantly over 400. It starts at the login screen where the animations lag and when I type my password there is about a 10 second delay. Blizzard fix your !@#$ this is becoming ridiculous.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Same....jittery, not even worth playing
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
GOODBYE 60 DOLLARS!! WELCOME LAG!

DO SOMETHING BLIZZZZZZZZZZ
at least let us know what the problem is!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
well the first 2 days were good then they did a shutdown and my lag has gone from the first couple of min after login to verry bad consistant and now im at a boss that kills me coz i cant see what he is doing until it has happend so please whatever u changed at restart please unchange it
I understand that it is probably teathing problems and u will get it fixed but this is a blizzard game that has taken many years to develope wich we have patently waited been put back and back so it could be perfect for launch and we waited
Then they release it and it is lagging so bad that many people cannot play we have a right to be upset they sold us a product and promised it would work
Most of us have pc's well over the recomended specs and internet connections well in excess of what is needed we did our part (paid You )
Blizzard stop making excuses and GET IT DONE
There is No possible way that u could Make a game that relies on a internet connection and not THINK WELL THAT PART WE NEED TO GET RIGHT FIRST

well that made me feel better but the only thing taht will Cure my ailement is a smooth play experiance and im not alone
Reply Quote
experience the same here. lag occured on act 1 boss fight with skeleton king
as expected my hero died. hope this problem is fixed soon by blizzard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]