Diablo® III

Loot on Nightmare mode.

90 Troll Druid
05/17/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Vermithrax
I am hoping to hear from blizzard on this one....

Your prayers have been answered!
Behold!
[quote="51486426568"]The bonus to drops for first-time boss kills only exists in Normal difficulty.

Thank you very much for the useful post! Happy hunting to you sir! :)
Reply Quote
Ok I've noticed the same thing. I just finished normal mode and started with 3 random people on nightmare. So far all 4 of us only received 1 gold each off Blue mobs in the fields, after 7 bosses we still haven't gotten even one gold drop or legendary! I understand that Blizzard doesn't want use farming bosses but come on. atleast give us better odds of getting the gear. Or what's the point of a boss to fight? Especially Diablo!

I mean with the lack of side dungeons to crawl through and do stuff all we really can do is farm bosses right now. Don't punish us for doing only what we can. Especially with such a low RNG for the drops and THEN we have the pray for a really good RNG on the identify.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Ok I've noticed the same thing. I just finished normal mode and started with 3 random people on nightmare. So far all 4 of us only received 1 gold each off Blue mobs in the fields, after 7 bosses we still haven't gotten even one gold drop or legendary! I understand that Blizzard doesn't want use farming bosses but come on. atleast give us better odds of getting the gear. Or what's the point of a boss to fight? Especially Diablo!

I mean with the lack of side dungeons to crawl through and do stuff all we really can do is farm bosses right now. Don't punish us for doing only what we can. Especially with such a low RNG for the drops and THEN we have the pray for a really good RNG on the identify.

I agree, why take away something that was so awesome about Diablo 2 and not put it in Diablo 3. Mephisto runs etc... if you are telling me end game I am going to have to go around and kill trash to get loot you have got to be kidding me. I don't want to farm trash for loot, that's so boring, let us fight the big dudes and get the big loot! That is half the fun of the game, if a yellow drops the suspense of what it is and the thrill of unidentifying, whether it is a useful item or not is half the fun of the game. If the fact that Bosses have a slight better chance of dropping yellows and legendary than trash. Where is the loot? Because right now its 10-0. 10 yellows off of randoms mobs and 0 off of bosses. I wouldn't be so upset if the Blues didn't have crap stats. I mean c'mon! We are in Nightmare mode and I am getting + Magic Find items and +Health after kill items with no main stats... What use is that?

I am hoping by the end of Nightmare I will see this "Higher Chance" in action. It has yet to prove its existence. Thanks for the post Destroyer26! :) Happy hunting.
Reply Quote
I've just finished Act III on Nightmare and got no yellow loot from any of the bosses, obviously.
BUT I've found 4 or 5 yellow items in breakable stuff like Tree Stumps, Spider Eggs or Barrels during this run. Way to go, let's farm destructibles instead of bosses :p
Edited by Kalanur#2664 on 5/17/2012 7:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've just finished Act III on Nightmare and got no yellow loot from any of the bosses, obviously.
BUT I've found 4 or 5 yellow items in breakable stuff like Tree Stumps, Spider Eggs or Barrels during this run. Way to go, let's farm destructibles instead of bosses :p

alright man, let's all go on barrel runs!
Reply Quote

Ding!! this guy figured it out!

Blizzard have stated that they dont want people farming boss like they do in D2.
Reply Quote
You guys didn't follow the development of the game and ever catch the parts where they talked about bosses not giving better loot that random trash elites and champions because they want the game to be more about going out and exploring and killing stuff rather than mindless boss run zergfests like D2 was?

That's why bosses have the same loot as regular champions.
Reply Quote
only found 1 legendary in act 1 nightmare and thats about it, so far. i think its more exciting since it IS supposed to be rare, i was like..OH !@#$ LEGENDARY ARMOR!
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Sìlvòs
Snarly remarks and arrogance gets you nowhere as an adult

What? My snarly remarks and arrogance are what make people love me!
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 02:36 AMPosted by Sìlvòs
I completed Normal mode and proceeded on with clearing Nightmare in Act 1, I killed the first Rare Mob that I saw and I received a Legendary Helmet, I have Killed the first 5 bosses on Nightmare and NOT ONE has dropped even a Yellow Item.

HAhahahah

Your luck juice ran out my friend...

The game decided to anoint you with all of it right away.
Reply Quote
We did follow the development of the game. we're just ranting about how horrible the loot system is now.
Reply Quote
Better fire up the Real Money Auction House.

Working as intended.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Honestly I think you should get something for killing the bosses on Nightmare Difficulty and higher. If they don't want people to farm bosses then they should have made it so you can only start from the beginning of a new arc not from a middle or end portion. So you are forced to run the whole thing. I rather it be like that and give me a higher drop chance for an item from a boss. Rather then having to go through the trouble of killing a rather difficult enemy which will drop items that are on par with those dropped from random mobs. Its quite simple, people like to be rewarded for getting past something difficult. Honestly its a bull!@#$ system, and RNG is a %^-*! I know just how @#$%ty it can be from trying to farm Anzu in WoW for the past 3 years and never seeing that mount drop.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I agree with SickBoy, who the hell wants to beat themselves in the face by running the SAME ACT over and over and over again. I mean come on, we already have to clear it 4 times to even get to farm mode! Why make it to where by the time we are done with the game we have run acts 100,000 times. That was the point of D2 boss farming. Who in their right mind wants to go out and FULL CLEAR acts over and over again for the loot they want. It needs to be a little more easy and less time consuming than that. This isn't wow. How are casual players ever going to get the good loot if they have to spend 4 hours clearing LONG !@# act 1 to get a piece of loot they want, to find out oh it didn't drop, in the ENTIRE act. Now to start the act over! HOORAY! BRING BACK BOSS FARMING
Reply Quote
Rares drop like candy in nightmare. I get them off dead guards all the time.
Reply Quote
Imo the bosses are easier to kill than the rare mobs on nightmare.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]