Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Lvl32. 1.2k dps.
To anybody having trouble reaching higher dps numbers. Try the auction house, you can get some really solid items without paying much at all. I've never paid more than 3k gold for any item so far. If I hadn't used the AH at all my dps would probably be closer to around 600~.
Basic Tips for what you should look for. This applies to loot you find or craft as well. Don't have to use the AH, it's just a bit easier to find exactly what you want there.
- A weapon with high base damage, a decent +damage boost, and a socket. Put your best red gem in the socket. This gem makes a HUGE difference at earlier levels.
- As much +intellect on armor peices as possible, this is the simplest way to improve dps with armor and it's very effective.
- For jewelery try to find items with +damage and +intellect. It may be hard to get both however so if not settle for one or the other, damage is usually better if you have to choose.
- Don't completely ignore defence. Grab at least a few items with good vitality boosts. If you can find armors with both vitality and intellect on the same piece this is best.
There are other stats that improve damage, such as crit and attack speed. But those are a little more specalized and you should have a plan for them if you are going to persue them.
Edited by Woofles#6125 on 5/17/2012 6:26 PM PDT
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.