Diablo® III

recording with FRAPS fixes stutter

hey guys ...
been having some major freezing issues .. game freezes for 5 sec sometimes everytime monsters appear , I break something or listening to some lore

I tried today to record with fraps to show the ppl what kind of pain I'm facing here .
and once I pressed F8 to record , the game didn't stutter or freeze at all after that xD

I'm not expert in programing and these stuff ,, can someone know what this means ?
and maybe you can know the reason why the game freezes from the way fraps fixes everything .

thax in advance and sorry for any grammar mistakes english is my second language and I'm still learning =)
Reply Quote
Thanks!!! this has also worked for me as well!
Reply Quote
works for me as well! but fraps records for sometime then auto stops again how do i ensure it keeps recording? when it stops and i rec again it worked again!
Reply Quote
Let me try and see~ hope can work!
Reply Quote
my fraps doesnt seem stable. it auto stops aft like a min of recording. after which i have to press hotkey for it record again. my hdd has more than enough space for the movies. any help?
Reply Quote
Think it's because you using free version?
Reply Quote
lols this is just a temp fix. juz reminding me of how great D3 can be, before the stuttering kicks in. OH BLIZZARD, Y U NO SOLVE OUR PROBLEMS?
Reply Quote
lol nice fix, Blizzard do your job!!
Reply Quote
Yea....I really wanna record 100s of GBs of Diablo 3 gameplay just so I can actually PLAY the game.

NNNOOOTTTTTTT

chose half size recording + its kinda of temporary solution till blizzard do something about it
Reply Quote
That's freakin' weird! I'll try it on our stuttering machine tonight too.
Reply Quote
I just tested this out and I can say it definitely makes a difference. The game runs consistently at 30fps with no choppiness, but obviously a lower framerate, so you can tell it's running slower but without stutter. Of course free version only will let you record 30sec so you have to keep restarting the recording...

Very odd that this stops the stuttering. Another person mentioned defragging helped? That's insane. Both processes are write intensive on the drive, whereas you'd think loading assets would be read intensive. In my experience write trumps read, so yes it's almost like the less HDD resource it has the better it's able to cache the data? Maybe the code thinks it can perform better than it can, so when you impose load it compensates, and bam, no more stutter?

Just brainstorming of course, would really love to see a solution.
Reply Quote
Fixed my issues aswell. Thnx!!
Reply Quote
My apologies for what I'm going to say but... This is retarded.

I have the issue myself, helps sometimes to do CTRL+S and disable the sound. Isn't it because Fraps dictates the frame per second as to match it with the video format? Maybe we can do something similar without recording 100gb of adventure.
Reply Quote
It has been suggested that in some cases that it (D3) does not play well with windows superfetch, not so in my case.
Reply Quote
Bumping this more people need to know this works :)
Reply Quote
Works for me but come on, Blizzard should bundle Fraps with all Diablo 3 purchases I guess! Thanks a lot!
Reply Quote
I believe Fraps caps your framerate during recording (around 30 fps). This could be part of the fix. Try lowering the Max FPS in video settings?
Reply Quote
See my link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/5149177933#7

Worked for me and some others. Give it a shot
Reply Quote
This worked for me as well, so I tried capping max FPS using game options at 30, and it dropped my msecs down from 300 to 100 without using Fraps. However, I still get periodic feezes, which I didn't seem to get with Fraps... I'll be experimenting more with this tonight to see if it was low server load that made Fraps work so well via the next day using in game options frame limits.
Seems that this works though. Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]