Diablo® III

Possible whirlwind bug

My unbuffed damage rating is over 1600, and I roll with 15% damage from a passive skill and 30% damage from a shout.

My bash skill, which deals 150% weapon damage, does around 2500 non-crit most of the time.

My whirlwind skill, which deals 110% weapon damage, does around 400 non-crit most of the time.

Now, I'm not math professor, but that doesn't add up. Something is wrong with this skill. It is not functioning correctly.
Reply Quote
Choosing to bump this week old thread instead of start my own. I can verify this, I was coming to the forums to report this bug after noticing it. I have approximately 2800 dps with battle cry up and my weapon is approximately 1 attack per second. Frenzy and whirlwind are my left and right clicks, and both hit for 110% weapon damage, as per the tooltip. 110% weapon damage with 2800 dmg hits, after monster armor, should be around 2k dmg give or take - and thats about the average of what I see on my frenzy hits (1500 to 2300 dmg). However, every time I use my whirlwind, whether it be on a single monster (which is how I noticed this bug) or on a pack of monsters, each enemy hit only takes between 500 to 800 damage per hit.

Clearly, something is VERY wrong here. For reference, I am using whirlwind with the heal-on-crit rune, but I believe the low damage is reflected in other runes.

More feedback and information from others would be invaluable - whirlwind is useless in this state, and this explains my many deaths in fights I felt sure to win (2k dps on each mob is a whole lot more than 600 dps, especially when you rely on highly stacked lifesteal like I do at the moment)
Reply Quote
Whirlwind attacks faster than your normal swing, so every little damage counter you see come up is ONE ATTACK of whirlwind.

Whirlwind attacks 3 Times in the amount if time it would normally take to swing your weapon (i.e. if your weapon attack speed is 1 attack/sec, whirlwind hits 3 times/second)

Each attack of whirlwind does ~36% (36.666% to be more exact) of your weapon damage. Ergo, 3 attacks of Whirlwind does a total of 36% + 36% + 36% of weapon damage in the time it takes you to normally swing once, therefore giving you a grand total of 110% weapon damage.

How can you not notice your whirlwind is hitting more often than your normal swing? I mean serious, the numbers pop out of the enemies like rapid fire.

It's like saying you hit one enemy 300 times in 1 second, each for 1 damage, and saying that does less damage than hitting one enemy once in 1 second for 300 damage. It's the same.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]