Diablo® III

WideScreen Gaming fixer and Diablo 3

(Locked)

88 Tauren Paladin
Just curious if I'm allowed to use the plugin to take advantage of the three monitors or not. I'd rather not get banned personally.

http://www.wsgf.org/dr/diablo-iii/en

Looks like Activision doesn't care about the call of duty titles using the plugin, I hope blizzard is the same way.
88 Tauren Paladin
Anyone from Blizzard care to chime in. I know it would be unsupported, just don't want to get tagged for something.
88 Tauren Paladin
Sorry, don't want to be a pain, but I can't imagine I'm the only one with this question.
Also wondering about this. I'm using fullscreen windowed mode at the moment to run the game across 3 projectors but will be moving to a 3D Surround setup in the future and would like to use this plugin.

I understand that the Diablo3 client only pulls enough data down from the server for a single screen which is why Eyefinity/Surround users get a "blue void" on the edges of their outside monitors occasionally. It would be great if you could replace that "blue void" with some sort of fog-of-war ... just a suggestion.

Thanks for a great game.
88 Tauren Paladin
Yeah I'm running 7680x1600 and full screen windowed mode is too slow due to not doing SLI. Seems like this would be okay as long as we understand it's not supported. Hopefully someone can comment.
88 Tauren Paladin
Any input from anyone would be appreciated. Just want to make sure I'm not banned. Will probably try and play in windowed mode for now.
88 Tauren Paladin
Yeah I know it's used in many games so hopefully it won't be an issue with Blizzard.
I would like to see a reply to this as well im running 6048x1080 using the windows full screen settings but after the patch the launch night I get the 3007 error every few minutes so I just use one screen just so I can play. I normally wont bother with a game that wont support triple screen but its d3 man lol

I would also like to see a moveable chat screen so its not to my extreme left

I know you guys are busy could we get some kind of feed back? Dont wona blow the 60 bucks for nothing
88 Tauren Paladin
Yes both of those would be nice to have. I know Blizz has got a lot on their plate at the moment, but I hope someone reaches out to us and offers a yes or no.
As long as you are not modifying the game files themselves and/or the packets send to/from your computer, you are fine to do whatever you want.
Edited by LilDipper#1146 on 5/25/2012 12:54 PM PDT
Just so you guys know there was a someone who ran the Beta on three monitors and he even posted a you tube video showing him doing it.

As LilDipper said, as long as you don't modify the actual game files to do it then you'll be good to go and not get banned.
88 Tauren Paladin
I'm not convinced that altering what is in memory won't get picked up as a hack. Maybe it won't but I'm sure most of us don't want to take that chance per se. Hopefully someone from Blizzard will comment (or even better, provide it in the game without us having to resort to this).
Looks like the latest patch today completely broke the Widescreen Fixer.

Does not work anymore and maybe it will be updated.

Really sucks cause the windowed mode framerate is BALLZ and with the widescreen fixer, nothing changes except the framerate is locked at 60fps, never lower...

Thank you Blizzard :P

All they need to do is increase the number of "grids to load" in to memory and you wouldn't encounter the "void" on the side monitors. Well, that's probably not 'all' they need to do but I'm sure they're loading fewer assets to increase performance for single monitor.

I mean, why even make a windowed mode that will run across three monitors if they cared so much about not being able to see what's over there. They did though so they clearly don't care if you can see what's over there so why not just add proper support and quell all the negative widescreen drama.
The Diablo III widescreen plugin has been updated.

http://www.wsgf.org/forum/forums/multi-monitor-gaming/multi-monitor-gaming/16082/diablo-3-wont-support-3-monitors?page=7#comment-246343
UPDATE:

Lastest patch yesterday (5/31/12) broke the most recently updated fix...again.
I imagine this will be happening more frequently as patches are rolled out... yippie.

If Blizzard would just officially support it this would obviously be less of a problem.
Bump for this, would like to know as well.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]