Diablo® III

Diablo 3 is the high latency gonna be fixed

When ever I play diablo 3 I can play flawlessly for 5 minutes then I lag like hell, about 300-750 is my ping. Its unplayable and I die alot. My internet is my ATT Iphone tethering and it's ok I can play Wow,COD,Battlefield3,and other games without problems or lag.
My speed test is 127ping, 1.5mbs-3.35mbs.
And I am wondering Do I need better Internet, or the ping problem will last for a couple of days to a month or 2
Please let me know so I can stop wasteing my time on this lagging crap
Also Im not Australian Im from Texas
Edited by Evilidiot45#1485 on 5/18/2012 6:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Please fix it, is really boring to play
Reply Quote
yep, the !@#$ty server is killing me, im in toronto using a 8mb cable myself...800+latency......
Reply Quote
800+ in toronto? that's sad. in vietnam with 4.5 (good) to 6.5 (bad) latency. impossible to stay alive (with a DH) while fighting the last act 2 boss. i tried switching to the europe region and same problem. tried going to the asia region and can't login. would be hard to read wtf people are saying because i don't know chinese or korean.
Reply Quote
It's unplayable.... and no official response. I know the game is new, and there are a lot of concurrent users playing... but with 4 MILLION copies sold they have the cash to open up new server farms or whatever it takes to make this game play smoothly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Please post in this thread so we can consolidate outrage.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149617435
Reply Quote
For me, I don't have a stable latency it raises and drops frequently if I take a portal to the next stage it will lag so bad I'm half dead by the time i reach the other end lol i live in NZ i even play games like DC universe and its US servers but there is 100% no lag in it >.<
Reply Quote
Yeah Im on 40 mbs cable and have an average ping of 30-60 in every game except this one. At best Im around 260 and at worst (which it usually is) its at 400-1000.

This is a joke and completely unacceptable. Guess what Blizzard, your reputation is going down the pokemon/panda themed toilet. You are almost a week into release and this hasnt even been given an eta about.
Reply Quote
This HAS to be fixed. Or at least tell us how to fix it.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Evilidiot45
about 300-750 is my ping
those numbers are pretty !@#$ and your true latency is about 10000 - 20000 since you can't do anything in like 10 seconds or more and after a min u dc

300 latency mean u will just have to wait less than half second . which is indeed fake .
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
the latency on Diablo 3 is really bad for me the first day playing super awesome next day 2000-4000 latency its not just me right does blizzard know and are they fixing it
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
05/20/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Kanji
the latency on Diablo 3 is really bad for me the first day playing super awesome next day 2000-4000 latency its not just me right does blizzard know and are they fixing it

Same thing! Ive gone on WoW to make sure its not my connection. I cant make it past the first act because of the lag. My fps is no longer my issue. my inconsistent latency has caused me so much frustration that ive given up on playing right now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
my lowest has been 500ms but after playing for a few mins its constantly over 1000
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Whoshotye

Same thing! Ive gone on WoW to make sure its not my connection. I cant make it past the first act because of the lag. My fps is no longer my issue. my inconsistent latency has caused me so much frustration that ive given up on playing right now.

Hear! Hear! I am unable to play at all. Yesterday great, today 4300msec. Not on my end either. I can't believe they are ignoring this issue, at least say something Blizzard. I even opened a ticket to see if I will get a response.
Reply Quote
Started playing the night servers went live and never had a latency problem till last night, last night and today 200-300ms shown in game, everything plays in slow motion, really annoying.

Did a test on speedtest.net, 20ms 35mbs down and 5.7mbs up, also tried playing with router QOS and whatever else I could think of. The problem is on the server side for sure.

I'm wondering if it's intentional to somehow help manage the load they can't handle? idk. super, ultra suck though. Nice that the servers are up now vs not but kinda not even fun to play in slow motion. Ugh.
Reply Quote
i wonder if the Blizzard using low quality server ?
Reply Quote
I didn't have any issues until today. It's quite a bummer to work outside all day then come in and not be able to play a game I payed for because of something that can't be my issue. I play fighting games and Super MnC online all the time with no issues but now today i get between 300-2000 ping at times while playing
Reply Quote
i too have 300+ ping and using ATT DSL.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]