i will try to give constructive Feedback on the D3 Itemization so far (not english native-speaker i have to admit). I have played D2 a very long time and i am comeing from the -what i think describes it best- D2-Hardcore playing fraction of gamers, which were eager to get hands on D3 as fast as i can.
First one important thing: The Monsters and the difficulty to beat them is very good. Its getting hard to beat them, even in Nightmare you will die if you dont play carefully.
I am fine with the quantity of the blue drops and with the quality too. I still like the randomization of drops i see in D3, i also do like the crafting system so you actually get the blue drops and can do something with it. In D2 most of the blue drops went to the ground and weren't looked at. Thats much better now.
I am also fine with the yellow drops in quantity EXCEPT Bossloot. In Normal difficulty everthing was as it was in D2 - Bosses drop on their first kill, some good, some crap, thats fine. After Normal, since beginning Nightmare Bosses don't drop yellow (or better?) Loot in their first kill. I don't know if that is intended (i vaguely remember an interview with someone from Blizzard telling the first time bosses are killed there will be extra loot), so i think this is a bug oder actually not intended. If it is intended please fix it like it was in D2. Every boss mob should have an increased chance to drop a rare or something. At least the final bosses should do this. Its quite frustrating killing the butcher in nightmare and getting worse loot than killing him in normal.
Legendary Loots: i am very fine with the droprate. They are legendary! Please don't listen to the people on the forums wanting more legendary drops. BUT i think they have a flaw in design. They are so totally random that most of them aren't fun to get. They are yellows with one more stat (and due to randomization mostly a useless stat). So the fix attributes on Legendarys should be so shinig that someone actually farms for it. Its nothing like D2 now, where you farmed Magefist for getting MF oder Windforce to get your Amazon the best weapon available. Right now the best weapon available is probably a yellow Bow with a good stat combo you cannot farm for. This just -feels- strange and not right. Legendarys don't need to be good for any class, thats what we have the ah for.
Thats fine for me. I'd like to have Skill-specific-Buffs on items as you had in D2, you decided to go another way and makeing class-specific itemstats. BUT please make Char-specific Buffs on items available on all Item Slots. Why shouldn't there be a Neck with +Hated regeneration for example? You could use this to make Legendarys much more attractive too.
As i understand your philosophy which you as a company do for a long time (probably since D2) in planning a game inclusive addons, so i really think most of this points are familiar to you (the itemisation right now is quite similar to D2, we have very few legendarys and sets (D2 had only 8 Sets in the beginning) and with LoD you gave the full load, the players now are missing) and i hope you plan on some of the suggestions i made already. I place a bet we will get runewords in the first D3-Expansions, if you don't plan on it - put them in they we're some of the best fun in D2.
I think for some of the changes we have to wait till an expansion
But some things you can change probably earlier, which would make the game even better than it is (and it is great right now)
- Please fix that Bosses don't have increased drop chance post-Normal mode, if it is intended as it works right now, change it please. That was something D2 was played for. And its simply frustrating at the moment. Drop rates of yellow Items from normal monsters are fine.
- Stay with the low drop rate of legendarys (thats fine) but please make the legendarys (and sets) become items someone actually wants and want to farm for. Give them specials! They don't have to be totally random, the should shine with their other stats (D2 was totally fine with legendarys). Sets could use this too.
- Make Class-Specific Itemstats available on all Item Slots (in my opinion there is no sense in not doing so)
- Some more low-level Sets and Legendarys would be fine (though i think we won't get this before an expansion, as it is exactly the same as you did lots of years before with D2)
- For an Expansion (i don't think that its realistic to get it before and i simply assume you are already working on it)- give Runes and Runewords please.