Diablo® III

Indepth Guide to Monk Sustained Solo

Hey guys, (I know this is off topic, but the responses in this thread for the most part seem smart and informed) so Can someone link me to a topic discussing stat priorities for monks for inferno - Im almost 60 and Im really starting to think I need to be getting as close to BIS as I can in order to progress - I would like to know the best 5 affixs from top to bottom! i cant find anything of value on forums or in search atm! - > Thanks
Reply Quote
Tried the build tonight on my 60 monk, currently going through Hell.
Really impressed with it. I was in a bit of a slump and found mom getting boring, but with a few new weapons and this build I was up and running.

Have been able to solo everything that's come my way so far.

Thanks for posting the guide and the build.
Reply Quote
Tried the build tonight on my 60 monk, currently going through Hell.
Really impressed with it. I was in a bit of a slump and found mom getting boring, but with a few new weapons and this build I was up and running.

Have been able to solo everything that's come my way so far.

Thanks for posting the guide and the build.

Hey its np Im really surprised at how much this guide has taken off.
Reply Quote
So I was messing around with my build today and stumbled accross this one. I've been using it for Acts 2 and 3 of Nightmare and so far, this class has dominated. I currently have about 10,000 HP so that may have something to do with it but this build has A TON OF SURVIVABILITY.

Great build and thanks for the help.
Reply Quote
good guide, but is not indepth. I hope you can still work on your guide adding what the community suggest and your own new experiences to improve it.

Great work though!
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
Quick question, i don't have the ability to put the BF in the secondary slot as i can only select from Tempest Rush, Sweeping kick, etc. Is there something that I am doing wrong? I would like to have BF up w/ Serenity but can't seem to see how to do it.
Reply Quote
Quick question, I was using a previous build with Sweeping Wind w/ Blade Storm, 60% AOE damage is pretty nice for clearing trash. But, I feel like BoH w/ +15% damage is much more helpful for emergency heals, buying time for other cooldowns.

I use the exact same build mentioned above, but replaced Sweeping Wind w/ BoH. Also, using Exalted Soul, and Seize the Initiative as my 2 free passives. (Transcendence = necessary.)

Only on solo Act 3 Hell right now, though. Would you advise against this change?
Reply Quote
Quick question, i don't have the ability to put the BF in the secondary slot as i can only select from Tempest Rush, Sweeping kick, etc. Is there something that I am doing wrong? I would like to have BF up w/ Serenity but can't seem to see how to do it.

In the game options, turn on Elective Mode. Allows you to chose whatever skill and place it on whatever slot in the action bar.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 01:06 AMPosted by GWrex

In the game options, turn on Elective Mode. Allows you to chose whatever skill and place it on whatever slot in the action bar.

I love this game for this feature, it makes it a lot better imho. This game to me is about the getting the best gear and combining the right skills. I wish the use of more skills were available though.
Edited by v1ncestah#1865 on 5/22/2012 2:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
wow that is cool ty.
Reply Quote
While this discussion had me thinking about a lot of thingz, I reject these solutions and substitute my own, in 2 flavors. I'll add I'm only in NM though but I 'll see how far these go.

1 CW / BF --- BoH S SW MoE
2 CW / DS --- BoH S SSS MoE

BF allows keeping SW up, and DS + SSS make you sort of a ninja? Only fear is that it would be an impotent ninja without some more DPSauce.
Reply Quote
Thank you so much for the Post, it helped a lot!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
05/19/2012 10:27 PMPosted by ScubaFish
I noticed on your skill link, it has two "Defense"s... don't think you can use BF and Serenity at the same time, LOL!

Someone obviously does not know what elective mode is please know what your talking about before you post...
Edited by KillBadGuys#1973 on 5/22/2012 3:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This build seems fun!

I am in Act 1 NM and am almost 37. Gonna give this a shot and see. I've been jumping around with skills like a madman having fun, but I noticed lately that I am dying already and having near deaths a lot. This sounds like fun!

Thanks again for the write up.
Reply Quote
This guide is great, Do you think you could elaborate on the ins and outs of gearing. I am only 50 and its time to upgrade. Until now I have prioritized DEX over VITALITY and now people atre saying VIT is king.. and to put Amethyst in every single socket.. any general purpose tips for gear?
Reply Quote
Hi Spunkify,

What will change in your build after the recent changes:

https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4662223

Monk
Active Skills

Fists of Thunder
Skill Rune - Quickening
Fixed an issue that was causing spirit regeneration to incorrectly trigger off critical hits from other sources, such as Sweeping Wind

Mantra of Healing
Mantra of Healing will now correctly provide only two times the base healing effect for the first 3 seconds after activation, down from four times the base healing effect (tooltip will still show the old value)

Skill Rune - Boon of Protection
A maximum absorption amount has been set to 1000 Life. This skill will be redesigned in an upcoming patch

Regards,
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]