Diablo® III

Why aren't the bows and crossbows animated?

A personal pet peeve that I hate in games. When bows lack proper animation. All of the other blizzard games with bows in it manage to correctly animate their bows but sadly it was overlooked in this. It makes bows look like an eyesore when the string is static and the dh never loads a single arrow in the game yet fires arrow. I also wish arrows stuck in enemies. Rapid fire would be 100xs fresh if the dh bow was shown bending at full draw and firing. And also if the dead enemies were bristling with feathered shafts.( like dh trailer)

Awesome game nonetheless but just voicing something that is never noticed by the community also something animators cleverly disguise In fast paced animations that many don't pay attention to.

Sorry about grammar I am on handheld.
Reply Quote
I'm surprised someone actually paid attention to their character over all the lightshows and bodies flying around
Reply Quote
Well Soviless... It only took 11 years to make, something that revolutionary coudn't have possibly made it into the game.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 12:58 AMPosted by mukunda
i would complain more about the control feel before the graphics

There'd have to be something to complain about. I think the way the game "feels" is about as good as a video game gets.
Reply Quote
it's unfortunate that it was overlooked. i think if the original team did diablo 3 that much of the stuff we loved from diablo 2 would of made its way into the game such as better bow animations and new arrows sticking in enemies. (they managed to make impale stick a knife in enemies and it looks terrific... WHY NO ARRROWWWS!!!)
Reply Quote
path of exile has arrows that stick into enemies, go play that.
Reply Quote
I for one don't blame them for leaving this stuff out.

Do you realize how many arror DHs shoot? There wouldn't be enough room on anyone to hold the animations for all those arrows. Also if you wanted them to animated loading the bow and pulling the string back the DH would just look like a spazing blurr, DH attack much to fast to rly have anyone of them and still have clean animations.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]