Diablo® III

Defeating Rakanoth on Hell mode

Does anyone know a tactic to beat him. Is there a way to stop that teleport + instakill?
Reply Quote
Press b to block... lol joking.

Only way is to use smokescreen or vault( flaky for me due to rubberbanding and lag at times). Once he summon the 2 creatures, activate smokescreen. That's what I did when I defeated him, watch your timing( use lingering fog rune if your timing is bad for extra 1 second of smoke).
Edited by Rogue#1170 on 5/20/2012 2:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Get a monk/barb tank to help you is the easier option. He doesnt seem to use he teleport attack as long as someone is in melee. Also chain stun him
Reply Quote
My DH was getting 1 shot even before engaging so I cryed for help and a mele came and we killed it 2nd attempt
(boss is indded a lot easier if you mele)

That said, just lick pillars at max range and you wont get charged once.

You ll face tons of Oppressors in that act with that disgusting ability, pull more than 2 mobs and you are Done! (glitch em on stairs)
Edited by Skullptor#2861 on 5/20/2012 7:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bRXVTl!Yae!YcZbZb

This is what I used to kill him. Took A LOT of tries because I'm on !@#$ty school wi-fi so server lag + my lag = me dead a lot. Basically you just have to learn what his three different animations look like so you can save your disc and only use SS when you absolutely have to to block the insta kill (this is where the lag killed me over and over). I also made sure to switch out my templars items to give him lots of vit (if you're playing solo) so that he would survive longer. Just burn Rak down fast as hell spamming Nether Tentacles and they're pretty good for the adds, too.
Reply Quote
4 Undead Mage
I used guardian turrent at the start and it really helped a lot.
Reply Quote
Join public game. GG. Solo he is terribly difficult since he can tele and kill you from off screen. On screen you have a second to vault or SS to avoid his damage.
Reply Quote
get some discipline gear (get it to like 45 or 60 so you can ss a few times)
then just anticipate his moves (pretty easy cuz he does jump up in the air and charge up a bit before you tries to instagib
with prep, you can get 6 - 8 SS dodges in a row which is generally enough time tp take him down since he doesnt really teleport that often...
at least that's been my experience so far...
Reply Quote
Stay within short to medium range.

It's a mechanic that only activates when you go to far from him and it forces you to stay near him. Just do not go to far.

Most Barbs and Monks never notice this. Range are the only classes that have to worry about it.
Reply Quote
95 Orc Warrior
@Drest
Do exactly what the guy in this video does http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJtowmrBTOU
Thats how I did it on hell. This is pre SS nerf but it should be the same thing just a little harder to time.
Edited by PaPaZeuS#1535 on 5/25/2012 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 02:14 AMPosted by Drest
Does anyone know a tactic to beat him. Is there a way to stop that teleport + instakill?

Evasive fire. Spam it when he isnt casting spells, dump hstred during spell animations.
Reply Quote
My tactic was to a take a merc with me and actually have him wedged between the merc and the side of one of the circles in the ground. He just sits there and you can spam him with whatever. If he gets out vault or vanish away. Vanish is probably best because it lasts longer and he loses aggro on you for a little bit. Then just try and get him stuck between two objects again. I also tried to stay daily close to him but with some distance between us. He doesn't seem to teleport and one hit kill if you are close enough.
Reply Quote
Get cluster bombs on cluster arrow build up 100% crit with SS then at start of fight get sorta close to him shoot 2 cluster bombs and all grenades will crit he was dead after this for me but if not just pop ss and shoot him a bit more and he should be dead. Just did this like an hour ago.
Reply Quote

It's a mechanic that only activates when you go to far from him and it forces you to stay near him. Just do not go to far.

Most Barbs and Monks never notice this. Range are the only classes that have to worry about it.

Totally untrue. Not only does he often instagib immediately after summoning his pets regardless of distance, he can just chain cast it three or four times even if you are within ten or fifteen meters. Just died on him for the fiftieth or sixtieth time in a row.
Reply Quote
If you watch his movements youll notice he'll start floating with a white cloud under him before he teleports. Take note of this and use SS and youll avoid the insta-kill.

*Had to use this tactic in NM. Not an insta-kill then, but still hurt like hell.*
Reply Quote
View profile
I never had a problem with Rakanoth on Hell. I recommend getting better gear using the Auction House.
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
Skills:

prep- invig
caltrops- 2 sec root
spike traps- long fuse (scatter if ur dps is REALLY high)
fan of knives- increase radius
smoke screen- reduce disc cost
HA

passives:

ss
archery
steady aim

Now basically what u do: KEEP RAKANOTH ON SCREEN AT ALL TIMES.

Otherwise u have 0 warning he will oneshot teleport.

When he is spawning adds: lay caltrop and 3 spikes down, SS when they come to you and then fan of knives to finish off. If this doesn't kill them: you need more damage.

then the fight is just avoiding his oneshot with smoke and his spin of death, easy.
Reply Quote
You do have a warning he starts floating but you get a .5 second window to dodge it. Staying close to him will not proc his teleport skill but he has a tendency to teleport away then telestomp yo buttocks.
Reply Quote
he is easy when you realise you need to keep him in sight so you know when he is gonna teleport. (some water animation is shown under him before he does it). Did him while he was being able to 1 shot me .
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]