Diablo® III

DEX or DPS?

i'm relatively new to diablo 3 but not to a rpg. So do you want to stack dex in this game or dps? and if dps? how do i go about doing that? like what items?
Reply Quote
you stack both, since dps is only obtainable through rings amulets and weapons, there is no way for you stackign dps over dex

prioratize dex
Reply Quote
By equipping items with dexterity your DPS will increase. You can also increase DPS by using items with plus damage, increased speed, etc.
Reply Quote
for example 500 dps item with 50 dex vs 425dps item with 100 dex. The AH needs a comparative tooltip..I don't see why in the hell it wouldnt. How did this get past beta? zzz
Reply Quote
DEX improves DPS through a multiplier, while DPS simply adds on to whatever you already have before multipliers. You'd probably have to graph to find out the breakeven point. At lower levels (~30 ish) I found that items giving +raw weapon damage gives a larger dps increase than dex, but at 60, dex gives a larger dps increase. (of course, I'm just guessing here, since obviously 1 weapon damage is greater than 1 dex. I'm basing this off the exact same items, equipped at lvl 30, stashed until I got to 60 then equipped again to recompare.)

I believe that the numbers are :
1 Dex = +1% of weapon damage
1 DPS = +1 weapon damage
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
prioritize whatever makes the damage number on the left go up. At high levels that's usually increased attack speed over everything else, then increased % damage & dex.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]