Diablo® III

8800 Gt black screen =(

I bought a 500 watt psu and a nvidia 8800 gt graphics card of my buddy, set the bios to pci 1 since the graphics card is pci 2.0 and i heard they were reverse compatible. installed the drivers yesterday, at first it seemed to not be reconginzed. but after my buddy plugged another power cord into the mother board(originally the old psu had four prongs unpluged but this psu had a four prong connector that attaches to the mother board plug) it black screens on boot up, i can hear via the speakers its booting up. the moniter is an old moniter(emachines) and not hooked up to the card. do i need an adapter for the moniter to hook directly to the card or is that not the issue here?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Why would you set the BIOS to "PCI 1"? You don't have to do that. If anything, it may introduce problems.

The GPU needs to have a 6-pin PCI-E power plug connected. Is this connected?
Reply Quote
yeah
Reply Quote
originally it was just set to pci
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You said monitor is not hooked up to the card. Then yeah, you would see nothing on the screen. ;x

Set it to PCI-E, not PCI
Edited by Ehrengarde#1143 on 5/21/2012 2:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
mk so i need an adapter for the moniter or new moniter thanks =x im a noob
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The 8800 GT probably has a VGA connector, doesn't it? You can just connect to it.
Reply Quote
nah, 8800gt comes with 2x DVI, but in the box there should be a DVI-VGA addapter

1st, your motherboard will display video from the video card, but you need to be SURE you disabled the onboard video, and as Kalganized said, set Display Video 1st to PCI-E

2nd, man how the hell your gonna get video from the 8800gt if you dont plug the monitor to it...

Now, you gotta plug the psu to the video card using the pci-e 6 pin conector

check this image http://i-am-fast.com/Pictures/power_connectors_atx.jpg

you gotta connect the main 24 pin to the motherboard

the 4pin 12v to the motherboard (the plug is always near the processor)

and the pci-e 6 pin to the video card

----

BTW if the 8800GT is a single slot one, i recomend you to download rivatuner to set the fan speed to 70% or else Diablo III its gonna burn the card, there is some kind of glitch with the automatic fan that only turns up the speed when the card is way too hot, so its better that if your gonna play, set it arround 70%
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]