Diablo® III

All resistances?

90 Night Elf Druid
is it true that I need to stack this for hell? I know you guys are all having problems on Nightmare and what not but that's not my case yet ... >_< ... I'm getting messed up on Hell.

Just yesterday me and my buddy (monk) went into a basement and ran into a jailer - arcane - plagued guy and... let's just say we pretty much both got 2 shot. He had 3 adds with him.

I am wondering now how to upgrade my gear. I have 0 increased resistances, I am running w/ just under 20k health (w/o War Cry) like 1.5k damage. RUnning sword and board. I hear everyone singing the praises of resistances and I am considering it... so that brings on my question :

- '+ 11 resistance to All Elements' does that include physical damage?

Thanks!

BTW if anyone wants to suggest a solo / group build I'm all ears to compare with what I've been doing.
Reply Quote
The best I can suggest is stacking as much stun/CC/bubbles and kiting for some other class that coulda done the same without you.
Reply Quote
Above is horrible advice, Barbs are badasses until Inferno. You're fine with tons of Vit+str until you get into Hell at the very least.
Reply Quote
In hell I got by using leap/stomp/charge and seismic slam, took earthquake for act 4 and it was great. Didn't focus on defensive stats very much at all.

In inferno I'm getting wrecked even with 65-70k health and 9k armor, 12k with a shield. So resistances seem to be the key.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WeYVkX!bXV!aaZcba

this is the build i have been using mainly, i have only been soloing really up to this point and I've been stacking mostly str and vit.
in situations like that i camp by the door way and fight til i get low on health and i run back thru the door to heal up and let my cds reset and repeat. also dont forget to use ignore pain if you are having trouble with a particular set of elites
Reply Quote
I finished hell with this build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WhXYRP!Ydc!YYZYbZ

never looked at resists on my items just went with dual wielding 1Hs, with at least 2% life leech each and a 2.5% life leech mighty belt.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Interesting, no one really worried about resistances in hell... maybe my gear is just too awful atm.
Reply Quote
No, hell is a big step up from NM. You will get one shotted frequently. Just hang in there. Learn to not stand in puddles of goo or beaming lasers from hell. If your friend is a defensive-tank type monk you should go offensive. If your monk is a offensive then you can do whatever, I still recommend you go offensive though :) ... You will probably get into this OMG I die to much thinking and start going defensive. Don't worry about it to much. I just went pure offensive with some magic find on my gear and before I was out of act 1 had good hell level gear. Lots of gear in hell drops with big vitality numbers. So by the mid to late act 2 you should be feeling more comfortable in hell.
Edited by Attila#1790 on 5/22/2012 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My suggestion would be just stick with your build use some defensive passives and look for cheap upgrades on the AH

Gear is pretty necessary for hell along with level. I was only on Act 3 Hell when I hit 60 then needed to do a little farming.

If you're having problems with the current area you're working on, just drop back an Act and do some farming for XP and loot.
Reply Quote
My suggestion would be just stick with your build use some defensive passives and look for cheap upgrades on the AH

Gear is pretty necessary for hell along with level. I was only on Act 3 Hell when I hit 60 then needed to do a little farming.

If you're having problems with the current area you're working on, just drop back an Act and do some farming for XP and loot.

Ya no, sorry its just flat out better to kill the mobs in a few seconds then kiting them around for 5 min. If your a dual wield or 2 hander barb go offensive. I mean with all your skills and powers. Use the gear you find for defense.
Reply Quote
This is the build that got me through a lot of hell, using a 2-hander. Once I got a good 2 hander I was able to drop a lot of elite packs really fast before they could kill me.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WhRViP!ZYd!YYZaaZ
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]