Diablo® III

Service Issues: NVIDIA 9400M/9600 GT – May 22

(Locked)

Maybe some gains could be had by upgrading the system RAM? I think this model uses system RAM for the 9400M, am I right? What if I went from 4 gigs to 8 gigs? I can get a kit for less than $60.

Anyone have performance information for 8 gigs of RAM on the mid-2008 15" macbook pro unibody?

I went from 4 to 8 a couple days ago. Did not help at all.
90 Human Warlock
05/31/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Soj48
Also mate this problem is affecting a lot of Mac users with better cards than the 9400m so I think it's a software issue, mostly at least.

It feels as if they made the Windows version first them ported it to mac instead of building a Mac client from the ground up. Heck... they should as well just make a Cider port.

:\
Okay guys, this is getting a bit ridiculous.

I understand that fixing the issues relating to the 9400M card is not a one step process, and that you (the mac team) are doing your best.

However, you also have a duty to your clients to be vocal about what is going on. Just saying "its our priority" or news will come "in the near future" is not only unsatisfying, it is downright rude. Furthermore, I don't think anybody at Blizz has admitted any fault in claiming that the D3 supported the card at launch when that was clearly not the case. It is the equivalent of selling a car that you say runs on gasoline, only to reveal that actually you can only get about 1mpg until the company fixes the engine later. What we have here is a game that is simply no fun to play. Which kind of defeats the purpose and marks what I would say is the biggest failure that a game developer can manage.

To be fair, it is not the mac team's responsibility to issue an apology. That is the responsibility of Blizz higher-ups. I am not expecting compensation of any kind, but issuing an apology would, I think, do wonders for public opinion of Blizzard right now.

As for the mac team, I don't think it is unreasonable to request a little more transparency in where you guys are in fixing the 9400M performance issues. It takes MAYBE 30 seconds to post a comment on these boards saying something like "making progress" or "starting to test the fix now" etc. The silent treatment makes you guys look like you are not doing anything. I don't think that is the case, but you are not doing anything to disprove it either.

So please guys, just talk to us.
Good stuff. I'm actually very surprised these performance issues got through your QA process. They were noticeable right off the bat. Was it that hard to load the game up on a Mac with these graphic cards and try to play through it before game release?

I'm running literally the lowest settings possible on 800x600 and the game is still essentially unplayable - and it looks like something released in 2001. That's unacceptable to me, and shows me there was gross negligence and complete disregard for Mac users during your design and QA processes. One of the reasons I like Blizzard games is because you guys are generally good about supporting Mac users. I hope oversights like this will not be a trend in the future.
Edited by Ocelot#1915 on 6/1/2012 1:01 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior
If Blizz would just post some info on what they think is wrong, no need for detailed descriptions just a status report. "WE found the issue or we're in the process of tracking this bugger down or need to rewrite coding or something". In the automotive repair industry we like to keep the customer informed, especially if they are "waiting". Just pop in and say hey we just bla bla bla.......ya know. btw lvl 30 barb stuck in act 3 by the wall on normal lol.
85 Tauren Druid
06/01/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Ocelot
Good stuff. I'm actually very surprised these performance issues got through your QA process. They were noticeable right off the bat. Was it that hard to load the game up on a Mac with these graphic cards and try to play through it before game release?

Because there is such a WIDE variety of hardware being used across the Mac spectrum. When there are SO MANY processors and numerous, just NUMEROUS graphics chipsets being used....why, you couldn't possibly test for every bug on such a VARIED platform. LOLOLOLOLOL

On a side note, and I ask these questions because I don't want to assume: How many people on the Mac team play Diablo 3 apart from testing (aka for fun, on their own personal computers)? Secondly, for those that do so, how many of them are "playing" on a Mac?
here are some recent blue posts for those who want to read it

posted Wednesday:
I don't believe we've stated an official date or patch.

This will be addressed in the near future. We're trying to get this done and implemented as soon as it is ready, but it still needs to be tested and made sure other bugs or issues do not arise because of it.

05/31/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Machkhan
FYI, the Mac team does not work on the RMAH, so this optimization update is among the Mac team's highest priorities.

05/31/2012 04:46 PMPosted by S4d1k
Getting this patch ready is the highest priority for the Mac team.

Hey all,

Just wanted to post that the team is still working on the optimization update. Still no ETA on this because it still needs to be completed and tested to ensure nothing else breaks.

I can assure you that the team and overall Blizzard is reading the threads. We'll provide status updates as things become available. We're stil trying to get this implemented as soon as possible when its ready (hence near future). It would not be accurate if it was state it will be ready X patch and then QA finds out it breaks another feature and then it's back to tweaking the changes. We want to make sure that when we announce an update, it will be accurate.

I know it is a frustrating experience, but I still assure you that it is a very high priority for the Mac team.

there ya go, word from the top. hope it gets fixed soon
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ugh, I know you guys are busy, I hope this works asap. Everyday it takes to fix it is another day we dont get to play, but I know you guys are aware of that.
Blizzard Employee
Update here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5638004473
90 Human Warlock
Update here:

[url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5638004473"]http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5638004473[/url]

Thanks.
Added reply there.
I suggest people start checking that thread instead of this one.
Great to hear the patch is done and just needs testing, cant wait to actually play this game!
06/01/2012 02:41 PMPosted by haphazardmb
Great to hear the patch is done and just needs testing, cant wait to actually play this game!

yeah, who knows what kind of resources in QA/testing are available to take a look at this...

i'm not getting my hopes up, but i hope i'm proven wrong.
can't wait for support patches for good ol' 9400M
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]