Diablo® III

Service Issues: NVIDIA 9400M/9600 GT – May 22

(Locked)

05/22/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Darksun
Thanks for the update Kaivax! Just some info to share with you, I am a 9400M user and I upgraded my RAM today from 2GB to 8GB, quite a significant amount. This had NO effect on game play however and my FPS issues remained the same. I just wanted to share that info with you, not trolling or anything, just letting it be known that the "upgrade your RAM" suggestion has been tried to no avail. Again, thank you for all the work you're doing to fix this and for giving us an update!

Im no mac expert but upgrading your ram isnt going to do much.
If your running a nvidia 9800 or lower card its time to upgrade the video card its outdated.
Secondly upgrading the CPU because blizzards games are CPU reliant now is the only thing that will probably give you more performance.

The point is more that the 9400m IS supported and yet even on the lowest settings which one would expect to have to use considering the age of the graphics card the game is unplayable in certain areas. Cheers.
I will be playing it more now that you have addressed the issue, thank you very much, my opinion about Blizzard is more positive, didn't mean to be harsh about you guys if I was at all!
anyone here using MBA late 2011/2012 version , running smooth with all setting to low but the processor is ridiculous hot when you start the game around 5-10 mins
when is the near future?
That should be a great news for my iMac 2009 with nVidia 9600.
90 Night Elf Druid
YES! Thank you so much. I'm very, very excited to hear this. I stealthily downloaded the game on my girlfriend's computer so I can play while she's at work. Now she'll never have to know!

Thanks Blizz!
Thank you for making this a priority. I'm also wondering what "near future" means?
I have a problem with the textures not showing any colour and just coming up as brown. All the shapes and objects are there but they are just brown. It happens in only about 50% of the maps. I'm not sure if its just me or if other people are experiencing the same issue, but does anybody know how to fix it?. btw i do not experience this problem on my windows side so it must be a mac bug.
Are there plans to look at the higher end graphics cards too? like the 6970s? i have a new imac 27 in with the 2gb 6970 and 20gb of ram.... if i run the game in native resolution, i have to crank everything down to get reasonable FPS (30-40). with Vsync enabled, it drops it to 20 and sometimes 30... if i drop the resolution to 19xx by 1080, i can turn up some of the setting, but i still have to settle with around 30 fps... this just doesn't seem right.
05/22/2012 05:42 PMPosted by ElevenEleven

wow... really? youve brrn monitoring feedback.... and thats at the top??? come ONNNNNNN

YES THIS x10000

Do either of you OWN a mac with integrated GPU? While there may be other issues with the game, they don't mean much if you can't even play it.
Hi Blizzard,

First off, thanks so much for the update. I've got the 9400M/9600M GT combo, and am getting the same problems when I'm playing on my 9400M card under "better battery life" - unplayable on resolutions more than 800x600, lots of area-specific lag on 800x600 as well.

The problem is, when I switch to the 9600M GT "higher performance" mode I can usually play for about 10 seconds before the game completely freezes and I have to wait about a minute before I get kicked and have to logout and login again. I've tried everything and I mean everything on your support forums but the 9600 card always has this problem.

Anyone else with this issue with a 9600M GT? Blizzard, do you have any advice? Possibly fixing this with your updates? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the awesome game!
85 Blood Elf Paladin
My fingers are crossed that they haven't overlooked the 8600M GT! I feel like this card is so old that the devs probably won't waste resources on checking up on it even though it's listed. A lot more people play on the 9400M so I wouldn't be upset or surprised, but still, I'm really hopeful whatever they do for the 9400M will spill over and affect all older cards such as the 8600M GT

Thanks

1+ I'm on a 8600M GT

Yes, please don't forget us! 8600M is listed as being the minimum, which should mean that it will at least play a consistent 20 fps, which it definitely does not at the moment.

Please make sure this also affects 8600M!!
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,4
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP53.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.49f2
Serial Number (system): W801143S7XJ
Hardware UUID: 9CD2EAD2-8931-5102-B7D6-DDC463CF77DD
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

what else do you want me to post? your MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010) and later, MacBook Pro (17-inch, Mid 2010) and later: How to set graphics performance
isnt anything... the graphics are automatically set to the highest performance.... why even post this?

game STILL SUCKS fix the problem and dont just copy and paste things that are used to run bejeweled 5 on mac
Please don't forget the 9400M based Mac Mini

Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MM31.00AD.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.35f1

NVIDIA GeForce 9400:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0861
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3362
So... you say near future...

I KNOW I can't get a definite "One week", "thirty-seven days" or anything specific like that...

But, in general, how long does optimization of this level/magnitude tend to take?

*essentially, I'm asking the question I know I won't get the answer too... but how long should I expect to have to wait???"
68 Blood Elf Warlock
Great News! Thanks for taking notice and working to make it right. I was worried that we were going to be to small of a percentage of customers for anything to get actually fixed. I look forward to the update as soon as you guys get it out. For now I will sadly keep trucking away at 800x600 and every once and awhile pause, update the graphics and resolution just to see what I could be playing but cant, all be it I cant move my character when I do this but !@#$ it looks good.
oh hell yeah!!!! the game has been so hard to play from the release date. thank you blizz for geting back to mac users (constantly under fire from pc people) that you are going to fix our serious problem. to be real, 7 fps is straight up unplayable. thank god its being fixed. brutal stuff.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]