Diablo® III

Service Issues: NVIDIA 9400M/9600 GT – May 22

(Locked)

86 Blood Elf Paladin
Is any of you guys also worried that blizz keeps using "significantly improve performance" instead of "fixing"?

Not trying to be a downer. I just really wanna know if I am the only one worried about this.

I'm actually more hopeful because they keep saying "significantly" improve performance on the 9400, not hedging by saying something like "moderate improvements" or "may improve."

"fixing" is meaningless since everybody has a different opinion about what reasonable performance is.

We shall see though. I hope I am not wrong
Edited by Traumatic#1550 on 5/23/2012 7:40 AM PDT
NVIDIA is not the only graphics card having issues.

I have a 2012 (technically late 2011) MacBook Pro 15 inch, AMD Radeon HD 6770M with 1GB GDDR5, I should be able to run this game at max settings, and in bootcamp, I CAN. When turning on shadows this game slows to a halt. I have tried every troubleshooting step recommended, but with no improvement. Completely turning off shadows has, for the most part, fixed the issues, but I hope "these modest improvements to other graphics cards" applies to my MBP as well so I can actually run the game with shadows?

Can any blizzard rep comment on Radeon. Thanks.
Looking forward to this. I have a 2011 Mac Mini with Intel HD3000, playing on a 1080p TV and I need to use a really low resolution with a lot of shadows and textures turned off. I would want to enjoy it at max.

I know other people can't play at all, so sorry if I sound like a snob...

it sounds to me like you hardly get the chance to play the game at max setting. Dont take this the wrong way but due to what you've said, when you're using an external monitor this means your graphic card has to work more ( regardless of what size or resolutions you're having on the other monitor), so when you play the game, no wonder you gotta turn off some effect setting just to be able to run it. I think you should consider changing your vcard or moving on to a PC to play game, this would make your gaming life easier.
26 Human Warrior
Blizzard, the least you can do right now is give us an ESTIMATED window. The "near future: could mean anything from a few days to a few months. If it is more then a month I am definitely returning the game because of all of this time wasting. I love the game and I hope I can actually play what I bought in a few weeks. If not, then I am giving up.
What about the myriad of PC players who can't play smoothly?
I installed it on a MBA 13" late 2010 (yeah, that's it, MB air) with the nvidia 320M and it's running perfectly through bootcamp in windows 7. It was terrible on mac os x though. Everything low settings, of course. I hope I can play on the mac with this update, can't wait to remove windows! Thank you!
05/23/2012 07:51 AMPosted by BryanDH
What about the myriad of PC players who can't play smoothly?

buy a Mac?

(see what i did there?)
The game runs very smoothly enough on my late 2008 MacBook Pro after I updated the RAM to 8GB and run it with the dedicated graphics card. I play with high textures, 1440px by 900px, but no shadows.

However, I had to haul out my old PC gaming rig so my girlfriend could play; her 13" unibody MacBook with only the 9400M graphics chip couldn’t handle anything about the game it seems. Great to know it might change.

Also, anyone else get a terrible, terrible frame-rate drop when in the Oasis part of the game? Just glad I got past it alright, but I fear when I go back there in Hell and Inferno.
Edited by Septagram#1595 on 5/23/2012 8:04 AM PDT
Very choppy on my 2011 i7 and it has a a good graphics card in it. Waiting for a fix.
I play on a 2011 Macbook Pro and haven't had any big issues (periodic lag but that's expected). The only time any performance issues arise is during the Belial fight when there are so many explosions going on - I lag out every time and cannot move fast enough to avoid them. I have turned down all my settings which doesn't seem to change the graphics quality in any significant detail, but I wish I could decrease some of the effects a bit more so I could actually move during this fight.
First off I do really want to say thank you. My co-workers have the dual card set up, switch it to the 9600 and it's playable at max settings with AA on at max resolution, while i'm stuck playing in windowed mode at 800x600 on no settings.

I would like to ask when the ETA is of this fix. Also, will we be told what the issue was?
how about non mac users with issues i have a 1 year old computer and had to drop all graphics to lowest settings or off and play in 800x600 just so the game didnt lag my setup supports 1920x1080 it looks great on that put absolutely cant play on it takes 5 seconds to take a step
82 Human Priest
Is the 9400m really a low end card, i paid 1800$ for my computer.
9600gt? I think I bought that graphics card for my computer like 8 yrs ago

Thanks for the update. The team is working on getting some optimization updates implemented in the next week weeks. I'll update our known issues sticky with additional updates.

What happened to the 2 or 3 posts where blue guys have said they plan to release the fix in the next couple weeks?
As long as other cards (like the 8600) are benefiting as well, I'm happy.
Is any of you guys also worried that blizz keeps using "significantly improve performance" instead of "fixing"?

Not trying to be a downer. I just really wanna know if I am the only one worried about this.

Since bad performance is the problem. "significantly improving performance" can also be read as "significantly fixing the problem."

Yes but "significantly fixing the problem" doesnt sound as good as "fixing the problem" wich i think is what we all want

I'm actually more hopeful because they keep saying "significantly" improve performance on the 9400, not hedging by saying something like "moderate improvements" or "may improve."

"fixing" is meaningless since everybody has a different opinion about what reasonable performance is.

We shall see though. I hope I am not wrong

good point. i really hope you are right man.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]