Diablo® III

Weapon DPS comparison question

Ok, so basically I'm just wondering which stat is usually stronger on a 2 handed weapon, %damage or +100-500 damage, etc.? Or does it just depend on the numbers?

The items in question:

1) 2h mace 878.6 DPS
+46% damage
+130 int

2) 2h crossbow 871.2 DPS
+164-497 arcane damage
+94 int

Just wondering how to be able to do the calculations to compare the two (if we ignore int). Thanks.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure the DPS calculation already includes all relevant mods, so the 878.6 would do more damage.
Reply Quote
I would pick the one with the biggest base damage and ignore the DPS stats. Look at the damage range on each weapon. The mace will almost certainly be higher (and slower), and this will give you harder hitting instant casts. The crossbow will likely have a faster speed and lower damage range.
Reply Quote
Any other opinions on this? Basically, the +int is already factored into the damage on the weapons is what I seem to be getting?
Reply Quote
No, +% damage has already been factored, but not + int.
Reply Quote
Awesome. So the mace with +46% damage probably wins out? Also, how is the +46% damage calculated?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]