Diablo® III

No full set bonus ?

I just finished Aughild's Treasured , and the only bonuses are the partial set bonuses. Why put on the last piece ?
Reply Quote
WoW thinking of being able to use something else other then the set piece in a slot to get the full set bonus.
Reply Quote
No , what Im saying is I put the whole set on .... and no set bonus . Just the 2 piece and 3 piece bonus . is the ' full set ' bonuses not working ? Or are there no bonuses for a full set ?
Reply Quote
Oh probably another bug then
Reply Quote
Has anyone completed a set and got a ' full set ' bonus ?
Reply Quote
I put on Cain's full set and had the same crap, no bonus that I could see. Wasted 17k in the auction house for the final piece (footwear) and ended up putting my rare boots back on because I maxed out the set bonuses without the last piece.

Any explination for this?
Reply Quote
I put on Cain's full set and had the same crap, no bonus that I could see. Wasted 17k in the auction house for the final piece (footwear) and ended up putting my rare boots back on because I maxed out the set bonuses without the last piece.

Working as intended, just poor design.
Reply Quote
My favorite set bonus is from Natalya's Wrath:
(4) Set:
Increases Discipline Regeneration by 0 per Second

Awesome.
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 06:32 AMPosted by Saaruceyad
That's what they do in WoW now too. I don't agree with doing that here, I think they should reward the player with additional set bonuses for completing the set like they did in D2.

agreed /thread.
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Viision
That's what they do in WoW now too. I don't agree with doing that here, I think they should reward the player with additional set bonuses for completing the set like they did in D2.

agreed /thread.

Agreed.

What's the point of making an IK barb now? In D2 he was not the 'best' but he was tankier than most, and did enough damage to solo the game. The new IK barb does next to zero damage comparatively and gets bonuses better found off of rares.
Reply Quote
I agree, I feel sets aren't complete at all, like others have said whats the point of completing a set when there aren't any full set bonuses to it? One of my favorite things to do in diablo 2 was collecting a full set so I can get additional bonuses on it that I normally wouldnt be able to get with some magic or rare items.

Getting a partial bonus only and crappy ones at that just makes sets seem so trivial over rare or magic items other then for the fact I just want to collect the set.
Reply Quote
I agree, I feel sets aren't complete at all, like others have said whats the point of completing a set when there aren't any full set bonuses to it? One of my favorite things to do in diablo 2 was collecting a full set so I can get additional bonuses on it that I normally wouldnt be able to get with some magic or rare items.

Getting a partial bonus only and crappy ones at that just makes sets seem so trivial over rare or magic items other then for the fact I just want to collect the set.

Exactly. Your set items are individually not as strong, but a big reward should be in place for putting the time/money/effort into picking up every piece. D2 sets got much stronger when they were complete.

Carry over the Diablo aspects. This is a Diablo game, right? I don't want WoW itemization.
Reply Quote

DOOH ! I spent 80K to get the shoulders for aughilds set . They didnt even have the main mod I wanted , but they 'finished ' the set and I wanted to see if a full bonus . Guess Ill just try to resell them .

I never played WoW , so I had no idea thats how sets are there . I agree D2 sets were alott of fun . Many times I wore socketed angelic set all they way through nightmare in hardcore. Probubly my inability to give up magic find that caused many of my HC characters to die early deaths .
Reply Quote
Bump. Just to say.. SCREW YOU BLIZZARD. my biggest fear was that blizzard would take WoW approach to Diablo 3. They did great in several areas, but they REALLY screwed the pooch on Sets and item improvement (pretty much doesn't exist).
Reply Quote
so u guys are saying the sets dont even work? looks like my aughilds treasured plan is useless afterall.
Reply Quote
They made it so sets don't require all the pieces to get set bonuses so that people could mix and match better, and because many sets have class-specific items and they didn't want to make them only useful for those classes.

It's pretty damn obvious reasoning, and I see nothing wrong with it. And if they required the full set like in D2, I wouldn't see anything wrong with that either.
Reply Quote
yeah i mean i like the game i think its fun and all but wow did you guys FUUUUUUUUUUCK my favorite game of alll time like i literally uninstalled d2lod for this and now just wow wow ..............wow lol seriously lvl cap 60? it took me mnonths to get to 99 before
Reply Quote
I know why....when the expansion pack comes out it's something you gotta have for all that work you've done to see what the full set bonus is, they're (Blizzard) no business dumb-dumbs. So keep making those mules and hold on to them.
Reply Quote
Glad I read this and did not buy a whole set to see if it had full set bonuses...
Thanks for the thread!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]