Diablo® III

My resistance is really low... Help?

How should a monk increase his resistance? Should I just go mad and stack one resistance none stop and use one with everything? Seems very cheap that way, compare to stacking all resist which cost a lot of money. Can some one explain to me how I should stack my resistance? Thanks.
Edited by Fiercepancak#1302 on 5/24/2012 6:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
from what I've read find some gear with +resist of one type and +all resist and use one with everything that should give you a the best boost in resists for your buck. I haven't done this yet but it makes a ton of sense.
Reply Quote
actually what you gotta do is get one with everything and stack +all resistance and + of anothier resistance of your highest resitance this gives your biggest boost.. blizz needs to fix this game its stupid we half 2 stack almost 1k restistance in order to even survive act 2
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 06:39 AMPosted by Fiercepancak
How should a monk increase his resistance? Should I just go mad and stack one resistance none stop and use one with everything?

Yes. Resistances play an important role. Pick a resist and roll with it, and if you happen to get something with that resist and +all resists, that's even better.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 07:46 AMPosted by darkkilla
actually what you gotta do is get one with everything and stack +all resistance and + of anothier resistance of your highest resitance this gives your biggest boost.. blizz needs to fix this game its stupid we half 2 stack almost 1k restistance in order to even survive act 2

Why stack both? If I have +200 resist all and an extra +100 lightning and use One With Everything, all of my resists will go to 300. If I just get +300 lightning and use One With Everything, all my resists will still be 300. It doesn't add +Resist All after the One With Everything buff, does it?

Obviously +Resist All is preferable so you can use something else in that passive slot, but I don't see a reason to both stack the Resist All and an additional specific resistance at the same time. Unless you have a lot of money, it's generally cheaper to stack gear with one resistance and use OWE until you are able to get better gear.
Edited by ganymede#1514 on 5/24/2012 7:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Why stack both? If I have +200 resist all and an extra +100 lightning and use One With Everything, all of my resists will go to 300. If I just get +300 lightning and use One With Everything, all my resists will still be 300. It doesn't add +Resist All after the One With Everything buff, does it?

Obviously +Resist All is preferable so you can use something else in that passive slot, but I don't see a reason to both stack the Resist All and an additional specific resistance at the same time. Unless you have a lot of money, it's generally cheaper to stack gear with one resistance and use OWE until you are able to get better gear.

You want both because it gives you more resist per piece of gear, basically. Since you can't have the same affix twice, the only way to stack your resist higher after you have some on most of your gear is to have extra all resist stats on those same items.

It's not ideal, but it's what will get you the highest resist number. Personally I think it's too much wasted stats to be worth it; if you use one with everything, stick to single resist stats, and aim for other stats.
Reply Quote
for example you can get a gear with

+40 poison resist
+20 all resist

You ll end up with +60 poison resist.

that makes sense?

The idea is to get a lot of resist you can.

If a piece has only 50 poison resist and another piece has only 35 poison resist and 25 all resist, you will want to buy the 2nd piece with 35 posion resist and 25 all resist.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]