Diablo® III

EZ monks

I don't understand why people are complaining about monks being hard to play with in Hell and inferno because, i guess it just all depends on how you play your monk and how you use your combos of your own build. Here's my build and i found it pretty easy to play, even though i need to kite elites and champs a little and it takes a little longer time. Also I die sometimes just because i'm being cocky when i play =)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WXiYgk!cYX!abZcaa
Reply Quote
Maybe a little background of where you are in progression would be good to know, as a heads up :)
Reply Quote
I'm sure hes at least halfway through nightmare. Inferno cant be that much harder
right? RIGHT? RIGHT?
Edited by MrWizard#1365 on 5/24/2012 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm not complaining that its hard. I dont think we should be clearing inferno by now anyways. I'm complaining about the absolute cookie-cutter defense build ALL monks must build around (the same build you have, even).
Reply Quote
Are you using duel wielding? or?
Reply Quote
You don't have One With Everything.. you're obviously not on Inferno.

Sorry to break it to you, but you're wrong. :)
Reply Quote
Hey guys I'm about to install Diablo, here's my build!
Reply Quote
Well the difficulty curve drastically changes from normal to nightmare. If you just click on minions with no plans at all, then your gonna die. With that being said, I'm concerned about my level 41 monk. I don't want to hit a wall after I finish nightmare. It's take some time to level up another class.
Reply Quote

^ obviously not far in inferno...such an overrated skill unless for some reason you have 1 resist that is joltingly ahead of others.
Reply Quote
Im in Hell act 4 and i know i will have to make some little changes for Inferno, but still it all depends on how you use your build and how you play, kiting and all that if its necessary.
I have 1h fist weapon and a shield
Edited by Kajmer#1154 on 5/24/2012 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
first of all it depends on your gear especially your weapon...after that it depends on skill and maybe after that on the build...at least that's what i found out for myself.
i started act1 inferno with 3k dps 35k hp and not a lot of resist...and no matter what build i tried it was painfull and bad...now i have ~20k dps 350 res 45k hp and can farm through act1 without dying, or maybe a few times to unluky elite groups , in whatever build i want to use.
Edited by Kerbaroth#2560 on 5/24/2012 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Im in Hell act 4......
Reply Quote

Sorry to break it to you, but you're wrong. :)

I don't use OWE in Inferno, instead I'm stacking +all resistance. Also I only have about 150 resists and I can do act 1 EASY.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I'm with kerbaroth on this one. The build is not nearly as important as the gear in this game. I was in nightmare act IV and was getting one shotted. I upgraded a few pieces of gear (went from 0 resist to 175 resist all) and then it was faceroll easy.

Currently level 51 - Hell Act I
2700 dps
175 resist all
12000 hp
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#afYgji!bUY!YaZaba
Reply Quote
Pro tip would be to use OWE, Stack 1 Specific Resist, and have + All Resist on every piece of
gear.

Currently I am at 75% resistance in all stats, with 60% Damage reduction from Armor and about 50% Dodge (Mantra of Evasion).

I know as I start getting more gear from Inferno that my other stats (Dex/Vitality/Cit) will rise
Reply Quote

^ obviously not far in inferno...such an overrated skill unless for some reason you have 1 resist that is joltingly ahead of others.

Resist All + Resist X = double resists. I'll take that over most of the garbage passives that Monks get.
Reply Quote
one with every thing is amazing 3/4 of the way through act 1 inferno with p !@#$ gear 22,000 health have some hiccups but thats because i could stant to build some vit.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Sybil
one with every thing is amazing 3/4 of the way through act 1 inferno with p !@#$ gear 22,000 health have some hiccups but thats because i could stant to build some vit.

I have no idea what you're saying.
Reply Quote

I have no idea what you're saying.

The perils of posting whilst tired. Translation as follows (caveat: translating for my boyfriend, who didn't realise he was using my account):

I have One with Everything in my build at the moment, it is amazing. I'm currently 3/4 of the way through Act 1 Inferno; OWE makes up for my somewhat !@#$ gear. There have been the occasional hiccups where my less than stellar vit has overwhelmed what OWE can do for me, but that's my own fault, I could stand to stack some more vit.
Edited by Sybil#6981 on 5/25/2012 5:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]