Diablo® III

Public Service announcement regarding inferno

Do NOT post any working inferno builds on the forums.

It is clear that blizzard is going to nerf anything that is able to complete inferno because they want people buying gear not playing the game.

I repeat. DO NOT post any working info on the forums. *Everything* that works will be nerfed to be non-functional.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
We purposely launched the game with Inferno being far more difficult than what we were able to progress in ourselves, assuming people would find it as difficult but with a few skilled players able to pull it off, or the difficulty would simply help root out problem skills and builds that allowed flaw-filled progression possibilities.

I think the main problem we're running into is people progress more or less linearly to Inferno, and the brick wall effect makes it seem like these broken skills were the correct way to overcome the difficulty because the belief is that Inferno must be an immediately surmountable challenge, which it isn't intended to be. Or the reverse, that because these skills allowed progression the classes that did not have them were too weak/broken, which isn't correct.

We'll provide a bit more info/context on Inferno tuning through an article we're working on for the front page.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149180916?page=1#15

For some reason I have a sneaking suspicion that I will be flagged as spamming for posting this in every QQ thread but I feel it is my duty as an active forum goer to inform the public!
Reply Quote
I've read it, it in no way contradicts what i said.

If you find anything that works, it will be nerfed. Blizz wants their AH cut.
Reply Quote
We purposely launched the game with Inferno being far more difficult than what we were able to progress in ourselves, assuming people would find it as difficult but with a few skilled players able to pull it off, or the difficulty would simply help root out problem skills and builds that allowed flaw-filled progression possibilities.

I think the main problem we're running into is people progress more or less linearly to Inferno, and the brick wall effect makes it seem like these broken skills were the correct way to overcome the difficulty because the belief is that Inferno must be an immediately surmountable challenge, which it isn't intended to be. Or the reverse, that because these skills allowed progression the classes that did not have them were too weak/broken, which isn't correct.

We'll provide a bit more info/context on Inferno tuning through an article we're working on for the front page.

For some reason I have a sneaking suspicion that I will be flagged as spamming for posting this in every QQ thread but I feel it is my duty as an active forum goer to inform the public!

They're nerfing us because we've exceeded their expectations for something they didn't bother to test?
Reply Quote

they also said they tuned it to be too hard for them but knew we'd find ways to beat it.
they also said they wanted there to be billions of viable builds IN INFERNO
they said they would be adjusting critical mass a little but instead made it not proc at all

you cannot trust anythnig blizzard says about this game when their actions contradict them every single time
Reply Quote
No no, we've met their expectations.

They knew we'd find something that works, and then would nerf it.

Any and all working builds will be nerfed. If you find something that works, keep it quiet and enjoy the ride.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Not sure if trolling or stupid...

the brick wall effect makes it seem like these broken skills were the correct way to overcome the difficulty

Or the reverse, that because these skills allowed progression the classes that did not have them were too weak/broken, which isn't correct.

Hmmm, broken skills? Why would someone use that terminology UNLESS THEY WERE BROKEN SKILLS.
Edited by Drothvader#1215 on 5/25/2012 6:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So don't post gimmicks which will OBVIOUSLY be fixed by blizzard the moment they see wizards roflstomping content which they shouldn't be because they are in terrible gimmickey gear?

Sticking with my build which still works because it is NOT a gimmick.
Reply Quote
Because regardless of the skill being broken or not, the end result will not be balanced/functional skill, it will be NO SKILL.

Keep this in mind. If there is a broken skill, it impacts 0 other people. None. If some guy can farm the crap outa Inferno, it doesn't affect you.

All thats happening right now is blizz wanting cash off the RMAH.

Again. DO NOT POST viable builds. They will be removed.
Reply Quote
I agree with OP. But I think this game is !@#$ed already. Can you imagine investing in a country where its government/central bank changes monetary policy/primary interest rate EVERYDAY? People who are smart enough would not invest their money in RMAH anymore due to the risk that the items they purchase with $ will become useless at the very next day.
Edited by Goujian#1509 on 5/25/2012 6:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'll never buy power in games, because the value add of the power is almost certainly less than the value add of a different game entirely.
Reply Quote

Thank you for posting that, I hadn't seen it.

It's actually pretty damn ingenious if you think about it. Make the endgame content so difficult that it can only be beaten quickly and easily by exploiting the most powerful ability synergies.

I agree with OP, if you find something that is working in Inferno just shut up about it and keep it under wraps.
Edited by Scopes#1659 on 5/25/2012 6:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 06:38 AMPosted by Nastharl

F'em. Ill quit before I buy anything to progress in this game. I should have the opportunity to progress on my own not buy gear to progress.
Edited by Beemer#1147 on 5/25/2012 6:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Agree 100%. Who would invest real money into something where the rules change hourly?!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
05/25/2012 06:38 AMPosted by Nastharl
Again. DO NOT POST viable builds. They will be removed.

You don't have to post it in order for Blizzard to see what you are doing.

They do in fact have complete control over their servers...

How else do you think BOTS are caught?
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 06:42 AMPosted by Pinn
Agree 100%. Who would invest real money into something where the rules change hourly?!

Hence the reason why bliz is postponing the RMAH, they need to get this game tuning !@#$ down first before they start introducing real money, bcuz I'm sure then they will have to answer for why they're making changes after people bought gear for money.

I have a feeling they're going to get it working how they intended (but could not test properly due to skill ineptitude) and once that has happened, then we'll be free to start gimicking it up and all that.
Reply Quote
Funny... Blizzard hasn't changed or nerfed the viable Inferno builds that rely on skill/kiting instead of gimmicks. Try stacking int and vit with a strong weapon, and then using force armor as it was intended to be used, and blow stuff up and kite it. It's amazing! It works!

So you can't be invulnerable with no vit gear on? Boo hoo, it was never intended to be used that way. You can't perma stun-lock stuff either? Yeah, I'm sure -that- was intended too. Sure they were fun, and clever use of game mechanics, but they very, very obviously went against the core game design concepts.

Personally, I took the nerfs as an opportunity to put my movespeed boots on and go to work on Inferno anyways, especially now that everyone's whining that you can't.
Reply Quote
Because regardless of the skill being broken or not, the end result will not be balanced/functional skill, it will be NO SKILL.

Keep this in mind. If there is a broken skill, it impacts 0 other people. None. If some guy can farm the crap outa Inferno, it doesn't affect you.

Exactly. It's a singleplayer/co-op game and they're instantly nerfing any ability that stands out as being viable in the late game. Balance means nothing with no pvp and yet all their focus is on nerfing and hurting the people playing. Their only possible motivation for this is the RMAH.

Like I said in another thread, it's a carnival game. We're playing ring toss and they're deleting any ring that fits. It's designed to be rigged so that players are forced to pay more money to win.
Reply Quote
You'd think if their goal was to make a ton of money off the AH they'd actually make it a priority to get that up and running correctly instead of pushing it off every week.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Wow... just wow...

So these skills aren't viable anymore based on content that was purposely overtuned to catch exploiters?

Your skills were perfectly viable in hell and still are even AFTER the nerf.

They changed 2 of your skills. 2 of them. A WHOLE WHOPPING 2 FREAKING SKILLS.

Force Armor is still viable while GEARING for enough vitality

Critical Mass is still viable while GEARING for enough Critical Strike.

So COMPLETELY unviable...

There's a gold AH, use it.

I wish they would go back to the transaction posting fee of $1.25.

But alas, you know what they say about wishing in one hand...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]