Diablo® III

Farming Whimsyshire

Just a curious question,

Is it any worth farming Hellish Whimsyshire if I want gear for Inferno Act 2?
I've just begun Inferno Act 2, but I'm pretty sure I'll have troubles fighting elites :X
So before I spend 500k making the Hellish Staff of Herding, i would like to know if farming Hellish Whimsyshire is even worth it :X

Any opinion is welcomed!
Thanks!
Reply Quote
I've found Whimsy to be better for some quick gold as opposed to good items, decent source of crafting books too. As far as gear goes, I only find something decent every once in a while, and even then it might not be decent for my class. Those kinds of things I just flip on the AH. 500k is a lot to make the staff, but you can make it back in not that long. Plus you get to blow up ponies and bears...
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Sphynx
I've found Whimsy to be better for some quick gold as opposed to good items, decent source of crafting books too.

This. I havent gotten save up enough for the hellish staff yet, but I made about 7k per normal run and about 11k in nightmare between gold and vendor quality items. You can use that gold in the AH for act 2 inferno items I guess.
Reply Quote
I only find something decent every once in a while, and even then it might not be decent for my class.

Well, what if I'm farming with MF gear? Does that help? Because if I farm with MF gear and full stacks of NV, then my MF would boost up to a nice 230+% and hopefully i might be able to find some legendaries in fact :X
Reply Quote
I've found Whimsy to be better for some quick gold as opposed to good items, decent source of crafting books too. As far as gear goes, I only find something decent every once in a while, and even then it might not be decent for my class. Those kinds of things I just flip on the AH. 500k is a lot to make the staff, but you can make it back in not that long. Plus you get to blow up ponies and bears...

I'm at Hellish Whimsy and I agree with the gold part. Normally I can yield 30k gold per run easily. No legendary drop so far but some decent rare drops (would sell decent money on AH but may not be enough for inferno build though)
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Kyrian
I only find something decent every once in a while, and even then it might not be decent for my class.

Well, what if I'm farming with MF gear? Does that help? Because if I farm with MF gear and full stacks of NV, then my MF would boost up to a nice 230+% and hopefully i might be able to find some legendaries in fact :X

hit bosses with 5 neph stacks if you want items, whimsyshire is just a fun place to kill ponies.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]