Diablo® III

Okay, the loot system in broken...

85 Worgen Rogue
I've yet to acquire a Legendary yet. My friend acquire one Legendary, while he was leveling. My dad, however, has acquired 5 Legendaries and a Set-Item -- all in Inferno -- in the past 6 hours. We've all been farming together, and have all have 5 Stacks of Nephalem Valor. Not to mention, he's acquired two Legendaries on his way *to* level 60

I know it may be fundamentally accurate, that "random is random", but I simply can't bring myself to believe he would acquire 6 Legendary items in so short a time-frame, with no better Magic Find than either of us. In fact, even I at least keep my Helm gemmed for Magic Find (although that shouldn't matter, as Magic Find it supposed to be averaged-out for the whole group).

Maybe it is random, but it sure feels like something fishy is going on.
Reply Quote
Random loot is...get this...random!
Reply Quote
Loot drops are random.
Reply Quote
I've gotten 3 legendary items and 1 set item. You just need to be lucky, click on all the bloated corpses and weapon racks, you'd be surprised what you can find in them.
Reply Quote
View profile
My dad, however, has acquired 5 Legendaries

I pity your dad, he coulda gotten 5 Yellows instead and be well-geared.

Instead the RNG kicked him in the !@#.

That poor, poor man.
Reply Quote
Lady in my town won the lottery Twice. I didn't win at all. Lottery system is completely broken.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I got my 3rd legendary today.

Was a good helm, sold for 2 million in about 5 min.
Edited by broc#1209 on 5/26/2012 5:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
I've gotten 4 so far (all crap BTW) and my friends haven't gotten any. I don't even use MF gear, I just got lucky...4 times.
Reply Quote
I've yet to acquire a Legendary yet. My friend acquire one Legendary, while he was leveling. My dad, however, has acquired 5 Legendaries and a Set-Item -- all in Inferno -- in the past 6 hours. We've all been farming together, and have all have 5 Stacks of Nephalem Valor. Not to mention, he's acquired two Legendaries on his way *to* level 60

I know it may be fundamentally accurate, that "random is random", but I simply can't bring myself to believe he would acquire 6 Legendary items in so short a time-frame, with no better Magic Find than either of us. In fact, even I at least keep my Helm gemmed for Magic Find (although that shouldn't matter, as Magic Find it supposed to be averaged-out for the whole group).

I once !@#$ my pants while somewhere in the world, someone was having incredible sex on a yacht with a model.

Life is broken.
Reply Quote
55 Undead Death Knight

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/231424
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
I know the loot-system isn't *ACTUALLY* broken... but it's kind of hard to believe otherwise. I've been playing with both of them all day, and he acquired them during that time; not to mention he got another 2 last night, again, while we were playing together.

To me, that doesn't seem "random" That seems like one player is getting lots of Legendaries, and the other two aren't, and you can't help but feel like there is some reason behind it. I know there isn't, but it *feels* like it...
Reply Quote
Since there is actually no such thing as "random" s*** like this happens. My friend found 3 Legendaries before he hit 25 I've yet to find one. He also got the Secret Level staff on his first play through, I still haven't gotten mine after spending a day on trying to get it.

One thing that sets us apart is that while he has a nice PC, D3 runs terribly on it, but perfectly on my laptop. So, I assume it has something to do with how the system interacts with the servers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]