Diablo® III

Any Benefits to Hardcore Mode?

As the title says, is there any benefits, I tried to look on the Diablo 3 wiki but not really enough info yet, they said stuff about unlocking Banner icons and that is about it, and I heard about about the leaderboard what seems cool, but what about anything else? Thanks =]
Reply Quote
The short answer is, no.

But there are also no benefits to being alive, you begin and end. It's how you play it out, right? :D
Reply Quote
Right, but what benefit does it give you? Loot drops better? Can you transfer your items to non hardcore characters and vice versa?
Reply Quote

No. There are no mechanical benefits, of any kind. Nothing leaves or enters hardcore mode from any other mode.
Reply Quote
The point is to test the limits of your character. How much more interesting is it to turn a corner and be completely surrounded by demons, knowing that if your unprepared your going to lose everything? Gets your adrenaline going. You have 1 shot at life. In my opinion, this almost creates a bond between you and your HC character. I like the adrenaline rush you get from those close encounters with death and come out on top.
Reply Quote
I was under the impression that artisan levels were shared between hardcore characters on an account.
Reply Quote

No. There are no mechanical benefits, of any kind. Nothing leaves or enters hardcore mode from any other mode.

Thank ya. Exactly like D2.
Reply Quote
Well achievements are benefits to some I guess
Reply Quote
It's all about the e-peen
Reply Quote
Bragging rights, duh.. walk up to your softcore homies like SUP /flex
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Ders
It's all about the e-peen

Mine shall bathe largest of them all.
Reply Quote
You get way more added stress and anxiety that you just don't find in softcore. It would be cool if a dead hardcore character would just revive in softcore mode or something :3. I played enough HC in D2 and learned my lesson.
Reply Quote
If there's no reason to fear failure, there's no reason to covet success.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Hardcore is the Fascination of the God's. If you remember, they Envy us for our Mortality. Embrace your doom. I've never known anyone to who've played hard core and not had any deaths. If you cant bear the thought of losing everything on a toon, i would'nt look down this path.
Reply Quote
28 Goblin Rogue
Hardcore is hardcore. It exists for its own reasons.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
05/16/2012 07:36 AMPosted by Lazzloe
The point is to test the limits of your character. How much more interesting is it to turn a corner and be completely surrounded by demons, knowing that if your unprepared your going to lose everything? Gets your adrenaline going. You have 1 shot at life. In my opinion, this almost creates a bond between you and your HC character. I like the adrenaline rush you get from those close encounters with death and come out on top.

Like he said, I just killed The Butcher on my wizzard with a Witch Dr. friend and my adrenaline was going because I knew that once I started the fight, there was no way out, Victory or death.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
05/16/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Disciplined
Like he said, I just killed The Butcher on my wizzard with a Witch Dr. friend and my adrenaline was going because I knew that once I started the fight, there was no way out, Victory or death.

Plus it helps you learn your character better, the strengths and weakness instead of thinking oh well im going to run into this mosh pit of zombies and pew pew and if i die oh well i can just rez
Reply Quote
Your banner gets extra stuff piled up underneath it for playing Hardcore. So there's that for bragging rights I guess.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]