Diablo® III

Asus Geforce 9500 GT

85 Blood Elf Rogue
Hello.

I'm running Windows vista ultimate with SP2 and direct X 10.

My specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.1ghz dual core
Asus Geforce 9500 GT (512 meg DDR3)
2 gig of ram (DDR2)
Gigabyte mobo

The issue I'm having is after the title screen, when you're playing the game. After about 10 seconds of moving around and generally killing an enemy my game sortof pauses and the screen turns black. It usually lasts for 2-5 seconds however I've had one that lasted longer..
After the first "blackout" it gets worse.. It happens more frequently to such a degree that the game is unplayable.
I alt-tabbed during a "blackout" to see if there were any windows errors. Sure enough there was a yellow triangle down by the windows clock. I can't remember word for word what it said but it was something like "Display driver not working.. and has now recovered". It said the name of the display driver file but the message faded before i could write it down. ( I should have printed screen).

I'm very confused because I at least have the minimum system requirements and my vid card is supported and fully updated. I have shadows off, I tried vertical sync on and off.. I tried windowed mode... Non of those helped.

My computer is also well ventilated. I vacuum it when it gets dusty. - to eliminate that as an issue.
I will probably reinstall speedfan and check my GPU temp during the black screens. I highly doubt it's overheating.. usually that would cause a system reboot. This issue seems to be based on software not the hardware.

I hope there's a fix coming for this soon.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
my vid card driver version is 296.10.
win7 - winvista - 32 bit - english - whql

forgot to add that. =P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]