Diablo® III

FPS issue with Geforce GT 330M?

Ok, so that didn't work. My laptop had almost no dust in it. I thought this might be the problem since the lag starts after about 10-15 minutes of gameplay but it's still the same. Installing SMC fan control didn't help even when cranked all the way to max RPM's. I have Auto Graphics Switching off so I know i'm using the correct video card. I've also tried resetting SMC settings on my Mac since I've heard it has helped some people.

BTW, I've also tried letting my laptop cool down to normal before attempting to play again but, like others, the issue doesn't go away until I restart which leads me to believe overheating is not the issue.
Edited by JuNgLi5t#1211 on 5/17/2012 6:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi, I have the same problem as well(mid 2010 model, 15in) even with upgraded 8 gb ram which I think shouldn't matter or if not at least help abit. It was alright to begin with after I restarted my mac, and then it starts to crawl again.... like everyone else, all settings are set to lowest. I found one way that makes it playable for alittle bit is to make your window size small, it does lag alittle less, but that is definitely NOT IDEAL..... :(
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 02:52 PMPosted by forest
I have a mid-2010 MBP with a GT 330M and 4GB of RAM. After a fresh restart of the computer, the framerate of the game will be fine for maybe half an hour. Afterwards the framerate will turn to utter garbage and be almost unplayable. The settings I have active don't really appear to make a difference regardless if they're high or low.

Same here...its really unplayable...
Reply Quote
I have the same 2010 15" model with 330M GT (high res screen) and no applications on except d3. The first 30 minutes, I get 30-35 FPS which is amazing and then quickly drops down to 10-13 FPS. This has to be a game problem because I watched the temperatures of the CPU from 35 FPS to 10 FPS.

For the first 30 minutes of having 30-35 FPS, the CPU temp is at 87-92oC spinning at 6000rpm

While after that when it throttles down to 10-13 FPS, the CPU temp is at 80-82oC spinning at 6000rpm

It seems like the game is telling the computer to work less since the temperature drops along with the FPS output.

This is seriously pissing me off. I keep dying in large groups because my character fails to use potions immediately or even case a spell.

Where the hell are all the BLUES?! Instead of telling us that a report has been submit, tell us what the heck is being done about this?!

Blizzard better start handing out refunds if this isn't fixed soon and I mean SOON. Don't advertise an the game on OS X if it's unplayable on it. False advertising.
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 04:30 AMPosted by Moolatte
What version of OSX are you guys running? I played for ~2hrs last night and it ran fine the whole time.

Latest version of Lion 10.7.4. You?
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 04:30 AMPosted by Moolatte
What version of OSX are you guys running? I played for ~2hrs last night and it ran fine the whole time.

Also running 10.7.4 I initially ran it on 10.7.3 but same issues.
Reply Quote
How many of you have been running external monitors? I posted earlier in this thread and completely disconnected my external to see if that would make any difference. I'm able to run it now without the framerate drop, but all settings still have to be low and the resolution at 1280x800 to maintain 30ish FPS.

I also did the "DisableTrilinearFiltering" fix with d3prefs.txt.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Got a 15" MacBook Pro (Mid-2010 model) with GT330M, i5 2.4Ghz and 8GB RAM.

I'm playing the game at 720p and all settings on the lowest and it still is quite laggy.

A friend asked me if I was playing D2 again. The graphics were horrible :D
Reply Quote
Could it possibly have to do with a certain process that's running in the background? I have a lot of unusual named process running under my name and root. I also have a Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2010 with the GT 330M graphic card and it becomes real choppy in play after about 10-15 minutes.
Reply Quote
How many of you have been running external monitors? I posted earlier in this thread and completely disconnected my external to see if that would make any difference. I'm able to run it now without the framerate drop, but all settings still have to be low and the resolution at 1280x800 to maintain 30ish FPS.

I have no external monitors. I might just have to try using this configuration until they come out with a fix. Are you able to run it for more than 1hr of play using the trilinear filtering fix?
Reply Quote
Has anybody tried running it on boot camp partition. What gets me is that there is no difference between when I run it on windows 7 and when I run it on Mac OS
Reply Quote

I have no external monitors. I might just have to try using this configuration until they come out with a fix. Are you able to run it for more than 1hr of play using the trilinear filtering fix?

Yes, I was playing for a few hours last night in Act IV Normal without too much issue.
Reply Quote
My mid 2010 macbook pro has no fps drop issue.

From your description (fps was fine, and then drop drastically until unplayable), the problem is pretty same with league of legend mac client...At first, the lol mac client develop team said it's a flaw of Wine, and there was no solution. Then they claimed that they've found a way to fix it...I don't play lol anymore so I don't know their recent news.
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 08:35 PMPosted by miguelimBR
I have a mid-2010 MBP with a GT 330M and 4GB of RAM. After a fresh restart of the computer, the framerate of the game will be fine for maybe half an hour. Afterwards the framerate will turn to utter garbage and be almost unplayable. The settings I have active don't really appear to make a difference regardless if they're high or low.

Same here...its really unplayable...

Yup exact same for me too, I'm sad
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Kinney
I'm having frame rate issues with a 330M. If I reboot my macbook pro, the game will run perfectly for a short while - sometimes half hour, sometimes 2 minutes - before it will suddenly and dramatically drop in frame rate and never recover. I've tried many things, like quitting and restarting the game, but the only thing that has any effect is rebooting, which will just start this vicious cycle all over again.

Same here. i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM
Reply Quote
i have the same sys, and get constant 40 FPS after doing this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271597592
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]