Diablo® III

How do the stats work and compare?

90 Draenei Priest
Hello,

So, I'm a bit confused on how the stats work on this game.

Like, Dex increases my power, but then I might get a weapon with 2-3 Holy damage or it might just say +2 damage.

Is there a conversion that shows how much Dex=1 damage or whatever? Like, if I have a weapon with 10 Dex, would that be equal to a weapon with +1 damage, or is it more complicated than that?

I just want to be able to understand how it works enough so that I can make informed decisions on gear upgrades.
Reply Quote
1 Dex = +1% total damage.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Okay, so if, for example, my shot was to hit for 200 damage, and then I buffed by 1 Dex, then my shot would hit for 202?
Edited by Genzen#1101 on 5/16/2012 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Also, s the +damage stuff just a straight up addition to whatever the attack would normally do? Like, if my shot was again to do 200 damage, and then I got a weapon that had +1-2 damage, then it'd hit for either 201 or 202?
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Klissa
Also, s the +damage stuff just a straight up addition to whatever the attack would normally do? Like, if my shot was again to do 200 damage, and then I got a weapon that had +1-2 damage, then it'd hit for either 201 or 202?

No. Because that +1-2 damage is added in BEFORE your dex which is why damage amulets and rings are so dang powerful (and Rubies in weapons). I haven't actually checked myself since elemental damage is only on weapons, but back in Diablo 2 elemental damage was an exception because it was added AFTER multipliers so it would do exactly what you just proposed which is why straight damage was more effective. The faster you attack the more those rings affect you, too. The damage displayed on your character screen is actually DPS so that's another reason why damage increases are so much more effective. If you had an attack speed of 2.0 they would affect your damage readout twice as much as you might expect.
Edited by Threllen#1475 on 5/16/2012 1:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
So, my base damage would be 200, then my '+2 bonus' is applied making it 202, which is then multiplied by my Dex?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]