For those who don't know the staff leads to the new version of the "cow level" And is crafted using 5 rare items and a rare recipe, you need 150,000 gold total for the normal version of this staff.
- Found Inside of the fireplace in Leroic's Manor (Click on the burnt logs)
The Black Mushroom
- Found in the cathedral, most commonly floor 1 (Click mushroom pile)
- Inside of a mysterious cave in act 2 (Dahlgur Oasis)
- Bought for 100,000 gold from Squirts in the Act 2 Bazaar
- Drops from Chiltara in the Caves of Frost(Found after Bridge of Korsikk)
Plans: Staff of Herding
The recipe to craft the staff is a drop from Izual (Act 4 Boss)
Once all 6 items are obtained, open the window of your blacksmith and right click the pattern to learn it, you can now craft it under the weapon section.
Now that it is crafted, you must visit The Ghost of the Cow king on old tristram road in Act 1, he will have a brief dialog with you and then open the path to Whimsyshire, the magical land of rainbows and ponies.
When you move onto nightmare or later you can upgrade the staff to get better loot and tougher challenges, this involves buying the recipe in act 4 final quest and paying 200k to upgrade to nightmare, 500k for hell and 1 mill for inferno.
Good luck on the farming and enjoy slaying the over friendly beasts!!!