Diablo® III

PSU

I had to upgrade my vid card because I can't stand glitchy movement and slow performance. However I dont have a decent PSU to handle what I've bought. More than likely I'll have to go with an external PSU 400-450 watts. But I'm having trouble actually finding one that may work. I have a gateway sx2800 and it's PSU is only 220 watts, the vid card was a replacement for what was there and is no longer an issue however the new card is overheating the system because of the power drain/demand. Anyone here have an external PSU you'd recommend?
Reply Quote
Noting what your replacement graphics card is would definitely help. As far as external PSUs go, I'm out of ideas for that. Have you considered looking into PSUs with higher wattage that can fit your case's form factor?
Reply Quote
It's a Radeon HD6570 that specifies using at least a 400 watt power supply. I have a 220W and the biggest that'll fit inside is a 300W. Still not good enough.....
Reply Quote
My best suggestion at this point would probably be to either move your components to a larger case (e.g mid-tower) or perhaps consider getting a new system altogether. From Gateway's support site for that model, it seems that your computer might be meant more for entertainment and multimedia purposes rather than running resource-demanding games; no offense intended.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]