Diablo® III

Weapons with +Damage property

Does the extra damage apply to our spells or is it only for melee damage? And does the same apply for +Elemental damage properties as well?

And what about the spells that says they are based on weapon damage? To me that means the damage range of the weapon (ie. a slow high damage weapon would be better than a fast low damage one), but everywhere I've read people say to go by the DPS of the weapon instead.
Reply Quote
go by the DPS of the item. +elemental buffs the damage of whatever element, so if its +fire then itll buff ur bats, firebomb, etc
Reply Quote
I see. Thank you Sir :)
Reply Quote
So the +damage property does not benefit "pets" then? I was reading on Demon Hunter forum and some suggestion getting a bit more +damage than +dex. I know +int results in more "weapon dps" which results in a bit more pet damage but I don't think those +damage benefit pets' dps right?
Reply Quote
I am only lvl 8 so I don't have any +damage item yet but if there is +poison damage, it improves Poison Dart's base damage right?
Reply Quote
The plus dmg on weapons adds to your overall dmg, not melee. So yes, it's more beneficial than intelligence.
Reply Quote
Plus damage and attack speed impacts your dps. Int buffs your dps with a %. Combination of the two types is ideal. High int low base dmg is !@#$, high base dmg low int is %^-*. The end
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Haunt, Swarm of Locusts, Pets, and Grasp of the Dead do not benefit from weapon attack speed. Just saying. If your build focused on these skills, then weapon attack speed has no impact on your DPS at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]