Diablo® III

Some textures will not load

Throughout the game some of the areas textures will not load and just come up as brown.
an example of this is the cathedral. Is there any way to fix this?
Reply Quote
I believe I have the same problem. Stones, flat surfaces found in places such as the cathedral, or various dungeons, appear to be stretched and not properly displayed.

Is this possibly an installation problem?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
If you are using a Mac that has an Intel HD 3000 chipset on Mac OS X 10.6, this will happen due to driver issues.

Can you post your system information so we can look at this?

Obtaining System Information
    1. Hold the 'Option' Key and choose System Profiler/Information from the Apple Menu.

2. Copy the information from the following sections:
  • Hardware (remove the Serial Number line)
  • Graphics/Displays
  • Software (remove the Computer Name and User Name lines)

This is small step for me, but big step for humanity. Or something like that...
Reply Quote
It actually is the HD3000, after posting I tried forcing reloads by switching to low and then back to high which fixed it in some cases (although not always all of the textures i.e. just the floor and the main wall surfaces were ok etc).

Even though it's tedious, I'm simply living with the fact that my chip sucks. Nontheless with all the other effects thrown on top it's easy to not notice after a while.

Thank you for the swift reply!
Edited by Kamruk#2388 on 5/20/2012 4:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]