Diablo® III

I'm tired of 2-man groups-- FIX IT

It's such a huge oversight in the matchmaking system that it blows my mind that Blizzard didn't fix it in beta. The matchmaking system currently puts priority on adding at least one more person to every one-player game rather than filling up games. Since way too many players press 'Resume Game' and 'Open to the Public', there are far too many one-player games.

As a result, I've left and joined 10 games for Act 2 Quest 1 Nightmare just now, and been placed into 2-man groups every single time. Since the automated matchmaking system is my only method for getting into multiplayer games, I have no way to over-ride this and I'm stuck playing 2-man Diablo 3, with an occasional 3-man run.

This is really frustrating. I want to play with 4 people. How is this acceptable?
Reply Quote
bumping. Was looking for some insight on this issue, only found this thread.
Reply Quote
bump, this is damn annoying
Reply Quote
I did a couple of Belial NM runs just for fun. Normally we start as a 2man run and before the fight we get the 4 people.
Reply Quote
Same here. Only 2 people in the game everytime. However, I find it odd when I created a Hardcore character and started a public game I had 3 other people join almost right away. Weird?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, 70% of my games wind up being 2 player games with the other guy being afk/putzing about somewhere.

Really annoying.
Reply Quote
Yes, i definately miss the old battle.net days of diablo where you could select the game to join and you knew how many people were in it. I too have issue with the auto join feature that puts you in a 2 man game, i have yet to play a 4 man game in diablo 3!
Reply Quote
Apparently, the likely cause is too many people opening single player games to the public, and the server prioritizing grouping them with one person rather than trying to fill existing groups.

Its entirely beyond me why they dont have the same group-filling system as WoW. I'd much rather have the option to wait for a full group than keep hopping around trying to find one with more than one other person. I can only assume they didnt predict that most people would start a single player game and open it publicly, rather than finding an existing game. Bit of a cockup if you ask me.

Oh well, rant over, back to WoW....
Reply Quote
I think the "open game to public" function is rather redundant. Here's how I think it should've been done: get rid of that, so that when you use the "resume game" function, it's a private game and it can't be changed. You can play solo or invite players, but nothing else. And if you use the "public game" function, you join a public game, and the system should be made so that as many games as possible are full, only creating a new one when they're all full. Meaning you could be the first to join a game, but it'd fill up pretty quickly.

Of course, the D2 system had its benefits, but Blizzard seems intent on not going back to that... but c'mon, at least give us something workable here.
Edited by Slowflake#1601 on 5/19/2012 2:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I agree that there should be an option for 2-3 other players, not just 1.

Kind of awkward at times and would be more fun with others.
Reply Quote
Bump, agree with every word

Yeah, 70% of my games wind up being 2 player games with the other guy being afk/putzing about somewhere.

Really annoying.
Reply Quote
It's such a huge oversight in the matchmaking system that it blows my mind that Blizzard didn't fix it in beta. The matchmaking system currently puts priority on adding at least one more person to every one-player game rather than filling up games. Since way too many players press 'Resume Game' and 'Open to the Public', there are far too many one-player games.

As a result, I've left and joined 10 games for Act 2 Quest 1 Nightmare just now, and been placed into 2-man groups every single time. Since the automated matchmaking system is my only method for getting into multiplayer games, I have no way to over-ride this and I'm stuck playing 2-man Diablo 3, with an occasional 3-man run.

This is really frustrating. I want to play with 4 people. How is this acceptable?
Make 3 friends?
Reply Quote
And the remaining 30% is with another guy who's actually doing something... but it's still a two-player game. I lucked out yesterday and did the last quest of act 1 with two others, but it seems that was more of a miracle than anything.
Reply Quote
The other issue I've come across is my other friends want to join a game with me and so I send them a request and NOTHING happens. They send one, and again nothing. If 2 friends can't join in a co op. mission then the game has lost appeal to me. Facebook has already figured this kind of thing out,,.. have they even been around for 11 years? A great many things need to be fixed in order for me to even say to my friends that's it's a finished game. If I were even able to play a one player game without logging into the "net." I would be much happier with the game. I live in the country where a reasonable net connection is really not an option, if the wind blows or it rains I have errors and lag. Why not make a one player SOLID base app. for those people who obviously can't have their 1-100 friends even be recognized by the game.

I like the game, good job, but I expected Great! At this point for a multiplayer game I'm still stuck with D2,, A GREAT game if I've been playing it for this long and haven't ever tired of it.
Reply Quote
I've noticed that if you join 1 friend and then make it public it becomes a 3 man grp.
Reply Quote

Really annoying.

Try 90%. This is how it plays out.

1. Join Game
2. Say hello to the one other person in town
3. Wait for response...... No response
4. Continue to wait
5. Leave
6. See "XYZ" has joined the game the same instant you leave.
7. Repeat
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]