Diablo® III

diagnosing slow gameplay (mac)

So Chockennoble, di you have a problem to said problem ?
Reply Quote
I guess the problem to the said problem would've been what I underlined. :P
Reply Quote

My system is an iMac 10.1 which I bought about 2 years ago.

Found your issue. Get a new computer, yours is outdated.

Edit: Lets be clear here, people, the 9400 is a bad and outdated card. That's what my two year old MacBook Pro had for it's low power usage option.

You know all those boxes you check when you buy a Mac? Next time don't check the cheap option, get the heavy duty one if you plan to game.
Edited by Ramenth#1258 on 6/3/2012 4:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Rameth, this is BS.

I check always the "heavy duty" options, every time I buy a new mac, that's why my macbooks always cost north of 4000 euro. That's not the problem lol.

I too have the same issue, my macbook pro:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB

The game is unplayable even on all lowest settings on my mac. I have a second macbook pro with the newer 330M card, installed it there on bootcamp and it works like a charm on medium to highest settings.

Installed it on this macbook now for my gf and you simply can not play it, I'll try if it works better on w7 on bootcamp and report back.
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 05:44 PMPosted by Chickenooble

Found the problem.

Lawl, its not the hardware per-say, its the OSX unix based platform. Nothing wrong with macs, as they are pretty comparable to standard PCs as far as the hardware is concerned. Its just people don't port games to OSX cause its alot more difficult to program them on a unix base than a windows base. Don't rag on mac. I know macs that were built back in the 90s that still work today. I think they hold up better than windows based PCs cause theres less risk of viruses, and the hardware is quality made. Most people buy budget or midrange stuff from like newegg or amazon or ebay, but all that !@#$ is either refurbished, or its horrible quality. I've had this mac since it came out (2010) and its never given me problems, BSOD/crashes, performance issues (other than poorly optimized games *cough D3 cough*)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)