Diablo® III

Why do we kill Zoltun Kulle?

85 Night Elf Druid
Everything he says or does seems to be for the human race. He is fighting the angels who have had a majority vote to kill us. He told us our allies were merely controlling us. He told us to run from our allies, and then we just jump and kill him. Why?

He just seems misguided. He's a well intentioned extremist.
Reply Quote
Oh I don't know, maybe it's because he created the black soulstone?
Which led to all this.....series of unfortunate events.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I want to know *HOW* did we kill him?

Wasn't he immortal? Replaced his blood with sand and all that - foudn a way to be immortal so that even the Hordarim couldn't kill him?

Yet we just pew pew him to death... and he's dead.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
He created the black soulstone to allow for humans to become the true rulers of this world, above demons and angels(who, by the way, wanted to kill us all). He seems pretty cool.
Reply Quote
Didnt HE try to kill us?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I want to know *HOW* did we kill him?

Wasn't he immortal? Replaced his blood with sand and all that - foudn a way to be immortal so that even the Hordarim couldn't kill him?

Yet we just pew pew him to death... and he's dead.

This is what I thought too. One just goes and kills him like nothing, when he's immortal.

I guess he was mortal after one revive him and puts his blood back in him.
Edited by Altrantis#1473 on 5/19/2012 9:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
He tried to save us. He never even threatened us. We just start fighting.
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Rollthebones
He tried to save us. He never even threatened us. We just start fighting.

But he wasnt going to give us the stone as I recall....
Reply Quote
He essentially betrayed us. No matter what manner of views you may possess, if you try to kill someone expect that someone to fight back. I don't think there's no need to actually rationalize why we killed Zoltun Kulle aside from the fact that he wanted to kill us but failed.
Reply Quote
While Kulle's purpose may have a noble side, he is also a certified nutjob and don't forget the whole "rule the world" thing he has going on. I don't know about you guys, but the majority of the angels are pretty decent guys/gals and definitely more preferable to Kulle.
Reply Quote
Bizarrely, I don't remember killing the guy. When does that happen?
Reply Quote
Zoltan Kulle attacks us when we demand he fulfill the bargain and give us the Black Soulstone. So we put this mad dog down.
Reply Quote
Yes, someone that was made out to be unkillable, follows you around giving you hints to vital information which your character blatantly ignores, then gets taken out faster than a morloc. In the spirit of D3's awesome story, par for course.
Reply Quote
he didn't just want humans to triumph over angels and demons. he wanted to be the absolute ruler
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 01:24 AMPosted by Zanyuki
He essentially betrayed us. No matter what manner of views you may possess, if you try to kill someone expect that someone to fight back. I don't think there's no need to actually rationalize why we killed Zoltun Kulle aside from the fact that he wanted to kill us but failed.

Not really, we are the one who want to kill him.

"Stop your quests, nephalem, your friends seek to control you something....", then "Give me the stoen or I'll kill you". So he dies protecting himself and his property =]
Edited by Llanite#1798 on 5/20/2012 8:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Llanite

Not really, we are the one who want to kill him.

"Stop your quests, nephalem, your friends seek to control you something....", then "Give me the stoen or I'll kill you". So he dies protecting himself and his property =]

...except he agrees to give you the soulstone in exchange for reviving him. His intent was to double cross you the whole time and not fulfill his end of the bargain.
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
Who said he's going to stay dead? Far as I can see we just shattered his physical form again. It's probably going to come back together. Like the lore said, he can't be killed.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Priest
Why do we kill Zoltun? Because he drops loot, obviously!

I mean, every Diablo 'hero' is basically an obsessive-compulsive hoarder of gold, gems, and magic items who is willing (or even eager) to resort to murder to fulfill this all-consuming need.

The only reason we didn't kill Cain ourselves in a previous game is because we somehow knew that he wouldn't drop anything useful on death (other than a magic sword Tyrael keeps ninja-ing).
Edited by Bujinn#1298 on 5/20/2012 10:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I don't recall Zoltun Kulle replacing his blood with sand after he got revived.

That's probably how he perma-died, although he did touch the black soulstone for a moment.

You never know, there's so many plot holes in Diablo 3 that just screams "yeah we know, it's gonna be in an expansion."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]