Diablo® III

Why do we kill Zoltun Kulle?

Everything he says or does seems to be for the human race. He is fighting the angels who have had a majority vote to kill us. He told us our allies were merely controlling us. He told us to run from our allies, and then we just jump and kill him. Why?

He just seems misguided. He's a well intentioned extremist.

Zoltun's story is rather interesting, to say the least. He presented himself as being in support of the human race, but this support was somewhat disingenuous, as he also craved power. Lots of power.

As the story unfolds, he then calls for you to abandon everyone else in order to bring him to ultimate power. Not only would you enslave yourself to him, this would also go against everything you, Tyrael, and Leah have been fighting to restore.

Everything you say is so absolute, but almost none of it is actually conveyed in the game. When does he tell you to abandon everyone? Why would keeping him alive enslave you? The only thing that happens before you fight him is his stating of something being wrong with the blackstone and to not trust the ones close to you. It's almost like you guys played a different game then us.
Edited by Kadderly#1572 on 8/2/2012 4:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Everything he says or does seems to be for the human race. He is fighting the angels who have had a majority vote to kill us. He told us our allies were merely controlling us. He told us to run from our allies, and then we just jump and kill him. Why?

Zoltun's story is rather interesting, to say the least. He presented himself as being in support of the human race, but this support was somewhat disingenuous, as he also craved power. Lots of power.

As the story unfolds, he then calls for you to abandon everyone else in order to bring him to ultimate power. Not only would you enslave yourself to him, this would also go against everything you, Tyrael, and Leah have been fighting to restore.

wow a blue is way off. Zoltun seemed to be the only person to actually know what was going on. He was willing to help you the whole time in exchange for being reborn. He had no problems with the demon lords being wiped out. He was equally suspicous of angels too though. The second he realized that the other lords of hell were already in the black soul stone he knew almost immediately what was going on and fought you to the death to prevent the birth of the prime evil
Reply Quote
I have something to add. All the things that we liked/disliked in the story can't have any "Absolute" value. Why?

Because, The story isn't over.
Edited by ParadigmDeez#1302 on 8/2/2012 4:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Kulle is story telling for babies

I WAS ONCE EVIL BUT NOW YOU NEED MY HELP I WONT HURT ANYONE THIS TIME

YOU KNOW YOU SHOULD TOTALLY HELP ME BE EVIL AGAIN

CMON BE EVIL WITH ME IT BE FUN WE COULD DO EVIL STUFF AND THINGS

SURPRISE SURPRISE I WAS EVIL THIS WHOLE TIME NOW I AM GOING TO KILL YOU BECAUSE I AM EVIL!

Someone wrote that plotline out in about 2 hours. You know what would have been more of a swerve? If he wasn't evil and instead you fought Adria earlier or something.
Reply Quote
[quote]
Yes, Kulle was probably the only new character introduced that truly belonged in the Diablo universe, except y'all killed him off 5 seconds after Resurrection. Seemed pretty pointless considering we spent half an act on him.

This. ZK and Cytheara were the only two even remotely interesting characters in the entire story arc... maybe Leah too, she had her moments.
And I still just plain dont understand the sudden leap from resurrecting Kulle to killing him. I understand the idea of him trying to psuedo 'enslave' you to his cause, but the dialogue and story line there is literally something like, "hey we resurrected you, yay! wait, you said something about wanting more... die!"
Did someone hit your entire story building team on the head with a tack hammer at the exact same time?
Honestly, I could pound a fifth of whiskey, slap my cerebellum with a brick, sit down with a crayon and still write a better, more interesting, transition for the story right there. For that matter, ditto that for the majority of the story...
Reply Quote
I wish diablo was a franchise that supported nation pvp, and depending on what you did to belial, zolten and azmodan, you could side with angels, demon, and nephalem :D ... but thats just not diablo
Reply Quote
08/02/2012 03:15 PMPosted by Crithto
Zoltun's story is rather interesting, to say the least.

This has to be a troll post right? I am praying that this is a troll post and not someone's opinion of the 'amazing' story.
Reply Quote

Heh, as I read it playing through, he is the only one of our 'allies' that I respect. I was very upset to have no choice but to kill the truest 'hero' of humanity. So what that he wanted power, the use of that power was right in ridding humanity of the corruption of both heaven and hell.

I think someone messed up in the storytelling department. Not once was i given the slightest reason to feel sympathy for Leah, and felt nothing but joy when I got to put an end to her. But Khule, him I really wanted to keep working with and end all the 'divine' beings who continuously meddle with human affairs.
Reply Quote

Heh, as I read it playing through, he is the only one of our 'allies' that I respect. I was very upset to have no choice but to kill the truest 'hero' of humanity. So what that he wanted power, the use of that power was right in ridding humanity of the corruption of both heaven and hell.

I think someone messed up in the storytelling department. Not once was i given the slightest reason to feel sympathy for Leah, and felt nothing but joy when I got to put an end to her. But Khule, him I really wanted to keep working with and end all the 'divine' beings who continuously meddle with human affairs.

Kulle also wanted to help unleash the power in everyone. Yes, he might be the strongest of the strong. But giving humans that power would finally free humanity from the dominion of both the angels and the demons, no longer killed, tortured, or judged at their littlest whims.
Reply Quote
Kulle is story telling for babies

I WAS ONCE EVIL BUT NOW YOU NEED MY HELP I WONT HURT ANYONE THIS TIME

YOU KNOW YOU SHOULD TOTALLY HELP ME BE EVIL AGAIN

CMON BE EVIL WITH ME IT BE FUN WE COULD DO EVIL STUFF AND THINGS

SURPRISE SURPRISE I WAS EVIL THIS WHOLE TIME NOW I AM GOING TO KILL YOU BECAUSE I AM EVIL!

Someone wrote that plotline out in about 2 hours. You know what would have been more of a swerve? If he wasn't evil and instead you fought Adria earlier or something.

Nailed. It. +1

But then we wouldn't get to spend more money on the expansion to fight Adria and the writers would have to come up with some other not contrived reason for it to exist!
Edited by ShawnGrggs9#1743 on 8/2/2012 6:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote

wow a blue is way off. Zoltun seemed to be the only person to actually know what was going on. He was willing to help you the whole time in exchange for being reborn. He had no problems with the demon lords being wiped out. He was equally suspicous of angels too though. The second he realized that the other lords of hell were already in the black soul stone he knew almost immediately what was going on and fought you to the death to prevent the birth of the prime evil

He wasn't a good guy and didn't care for anyone really. Helping mankind was just an off shoot of his power trip. He was simply trying to get on your good side to help him out when people around you were still wishy washy on the whole thing. On the other hand, the enemy of my enemy is my friend I guess so Kulle would have been at least a good information dump to milk. Also, I think him attacking you was not to block the prime evil, but because he was partially pissed off that someone tampered with his life's work and played him for a fool. He probably knew where it was going, but I feel he could care less what happened to sanctuary as long as he had the power to preserve himself.

He would kill and sacrifice anything and anyone to that end. But like I said, I would have kept him around for information purposes. Especially since he probably has information the high heavens would never share, and information many don't know about the Burning Hells. Hes kind of like if you took Deckard Cain and made him supremely apathetic to anything other then his objective.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]