Diablo® III

Demon Hunter and Def in Inferno

OK so i`d like to know if high def items are useful in Inferno for a DH or if its pointless because you get 1 shotted anyway. Im still in hell but already planning my gear for Inferno and if Def doesnt really matter then i wont waste my time looking for all those uber high def items on the AH. Will look for level 60 items with good stats instead.

I see a lot of posts about having high life total ect but what about high def ?

Thanks
Reply Quote
3 items with resistance to all and generally just getting the higher level items for the increased armor is good. High life without any damage reduction is pointless, I believe it's a better return of investment early on with resistances. Resistances do have diminishing returns though, so 150-170 is a good place to be.
Reply Quote
try to get enough hp to atleast survive 1 hit in inferno or you're going to have a terrible time. after that just go pure damage and rely on SS/pots/health globes/prep
Reply Quote
I have almost finished act 2 inferno, I have 14k life and low resistances. Never during my demon hunter career did I have more. A friend whos at the same place as me has 3 times more life, but that doesent change the way she has to play. She just doesent get 1hit by stray arrows like I do.

It doesent make MUCH difference, but if you dont have the defense then you always have to stay on your toes and be VERY careful about the signs of underground worms/stray arrows/everything. With defense you can probably tank an arrow that you didnt see.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]