Diablo® III

best build in the game (for real)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aZXVdQ!YeT!aaZbba

get on it newbs
Reply Quote
Sorry but Caltrops & ball lightning is better aoe than multishot.
Reply Quote
yeh maybe if you suck at kiting
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Suck at kiting? Are you even on Inferno yet? Your build looks like you either play with other people exclusively, or are still on Nightmare. Sorry.
Reply Quote
just beat act 1 inferno with this build (was ez)

going for act 2 tomorrow should be cake

edit: solo
Edited by termo#1410 on 5/20/2012 5:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Skipping rare mobs isn't impressive. If you didn't have 5 stacks of Nelaphim crap when you downed the King and Butcher, then you're boring :P
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 05:52 AMPosted by termo
yeh maybe if you suck at kiting

It's not a matter of kiting. I don't need to kite as much and ball lightning is much MUCH more effective in hallways and choke points.
Reply Quote
if i wanted to farm champion packs i wouldn't be doing it solo??

skill up
Reply Quote
if i wanted to farm champion packs i wouldn't be doing it solo??

skill up

zz If you are just skipping champion packs and just doing bosses, there are many other builds to choose from.
Reply Quote
im not skipping anything but im also not going to bother dealing with few very difficult champion packs solo when i have sub par gear

most champion packs are not hard with this build
Edited by termo#1410 on 5/20/2012 6:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
drop vault for something like sentry, companion or arrow rain.. did a1 inferno with only SS and i didn't once think to myself I'd rather be vaulting right now
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
You're just lying, haha. Almost all champion packs are going to be rough in a build with no slows. You're skipping either all, or almost all, mobs and heavily gimping your ability to get gear or test your build.
Reply Quote
why use impact too? either use chemical burn or the 100% crit dmg, easy to dodge boss abilities anyway with SS why bother stunning? just a waste of dps

Edit: or if you only care about surviving, drop multishot and get overpenetration on impale, have 1 slot free for caltrops
Edited by whiterice55#1774 on 5/20/2012 6:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Oh it's the same build everyone else is already using.

Totally didn't expect it.
Reply Quote
I use a similar build. I found it nice to have Multishot, with the rune that makes it cost 20 as my right mouse click skill. Then for Hatred regen I was using Hungering Arrow, but recently switched to Evasive Fire with the aoe rune, to try and see how that worked.

The thought being most of the time you're firing into a crowd of mobs, so if I can gain Hatred using the same type of attack I use to do heavy damage I can sort of alternate between Evasive Fire and Multishot relentlessly. This is obviously not ideal at all for Bosses, single target encounters, etc.

Also, in Hell and Inferno as a DH you're pretty much dead if you get hit, so that Evasive Fire flip comes in handy.

About the passives, I have Vengeance instead of Steady Aim. I'd like it better if only your target had to be 10 yards away. I feel like there are too many instances where at least one enemy is within that 10 yards.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 06:12 AMPosted by Banaritaz
You're just lying, haha. Almost all champion packs are going to be rough in a build with no slows. You're skipping either all, or almost all, mobs and heavily gimping your ability to get gear or test your build.

Hmm no? If you have SS and Prep you don't need any slows. Slows are crap in Inferno, most mobs move so fast than even with a 60%slow they run as fast/faster than you(besides the really slow mobs), and a 80% slow is barely worth the cost.

That said I still run with chaingang entangling just in case, I use it sometimes but most of the time I just stand still, pop ss, spam nether tentacles with bat companion for hatred, and kill stuff before I die. That's in Act1 inferno and yes I clear all the champs(well I did skip one optional dungeon because there was an elite invulnerable high health spider right at the entrance, these are annoying as hell). Went back and farmed the last dungeon with Butcher at the end a couple of times for drops now, killing everything so I get 5 nephalem before I do the Jailer and Butcher.

No need for Caltrops or Vault. And whoever said Ball Lightning is a low level, it does bad damage and you should feel bad for using it. And no it doesn't do 155%weapon dmg like it says.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
I cannot even begin to honestly say anything about someone saying, "You don't need slows." and then immediately saying, "I use slows."

Slows are amazing. The only mobs that run significantly faster than you with an 80% slows are the same mobs you almost certainly can't solo (Assuming they're elite/rare). But that 80% slow makes almost EVERYTHING else soloable.

It may be possible to play Inferno without slows. But I dang sure won't be trying it anytime soon.
Reply Quote
And no it doesn't do 155%weapon dmg like it says.

Is this a bug or what?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
It does 155% weapon damage if it attacks twice as far as I can tell.

EDIT: This makes it awful. It does bad damage and is terrible with Sharpshooter. Not a good ability, IMO. You could argue that the ability to attack more times is good with some abilities, and you may be right, but I'd just argue that there are better options in the first place (Frost and Nether are RIGHT there, bro.)
Edited by Banaritaz#1572 on 5/20/2012 6:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]