Diablo® III

Auction house bug where you lose gold

85 Orc Death Knight
So basically here is what happens, lets say you find a perfect square emerald for 10k (selecting quanity 1) and then you go to buy it. If it has already sold sometimes the auction will go through if its not there and give you the next highest up which may be 14k.

Another time this happens is if you hit buy multiple times on the 10k you may actually be buying them and making the prices climb. Huge bug that needs to be fixed lost over 100000 last night.
Reply Quote
Confirmed. Tried to buy in bulk at 16g per item and it charged me for 24g per item (buying 1k at a time)
Reply Quote
Never have had this one so far.
Could be due to lags in AH. I advise you to click once in a while and wait for the pop up to show before you click again.. :)

Good luck with that eh
Reply Quote
I had the same issue, saw a gem for 1k then bought it and it said I paid 11k+.
Reply Quote
I have lost a LOT of gold to this. A small percentage of the time, the gold is returned, but most of the time i'm just out of luck. Makes it scary to try to buy expensive items.
Reply Quote
i just spent 10,000 gold on 1 blacksmithing page because of errors buying it. I've lost at least 30,000 gold this way in the last day, which is around 1/5 the total gold i've made in the game so far.

PLEASE FIX THIS
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Priest
I've also had this problem but with essences. I would click buy out when the price was what I wanted (20g or less per item at the time) but when it was sent to my completed tab the price per item would be higher, sometimes 23 or even higher-it was random and happened 20% of the time. Because of the quantities I was trading at this random mischarge would lead to massive gold losses. I contacted blizzard but was basically told they don't care.

At this point this is the biggest thread i can find of the issue but there are a lot of people experiencing it.
Reply Quote
Same here - been buying gems. I hit refresh a couple of times looking for someone who listed cheap so i get the option to buy say 5 at 100 when they are going for 1000. However, half the time, i end up paying the 5,000 instead of 500 even though i got the "confirmation" of my total. This is very very bad. Also agree that Blizzard didnt give a crap and told me they had enough "warnings" to not have to compensate for the errors. What warnings? How is giving back fake gold or your commissions for the inconvenience a compensation? For someone in an industry that gets compensated on commissions, we dont get to keep them if we have a product this messed up...
Reply Quote
I've had issues when BIDDING on items... Not even buying out.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
How is this not on the bug list yet, bump.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
RTD
Having this issue, myself. I'd see a gem go up for cheap, I buy it right away, only to see I was charged twice the price of what I was expecting to pay after seeing the payment went through.

A bit annoying, really. :/
Reply Quote
Happened to me as well this morning. Free bump
Reply Quote
there goes 60k for me just now, timed out gold is gone but no items.
Reply Quote
Just lost 50k,and it wasnt even enough to buy the item...amazing lol
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Bump someone should ackowledge this at least
Reply Quote
hey this is from 8 days ago sticky 4 days ago don't expect a response for the problems today. 5 forum pages of people who have lost gold or items in the ah doesn't warrant a response
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5152406110
Reply Quote
I have this issue too. When I first read about it when looking for a different auction issue I was having, I assumed it was user error, but I am definitely getting this issue - multiple times.

Yes, the pop up confirms the price, but that is NOT the price you pay.

The client needs to send the price displayed in the confirm dialog to the user when making a purchase. If the server price is higher, the transaction needs to not go through!

I like how it refunds you if the price has since dropped, but taking extra gold without agreement from the player is definitely a bug... this needs to be fixed before RMAH can go live or there will be major issues, :)

Looks like there is the bug fix patch coming very soon though according to diablofans, so hopefully that'll solve it.

Edit: Thanks for linking the blue post, Imhappyfou, :)
Edited by FleckerMan#2399 on 5/22/2012 3:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]