Diablo® III

Archon viable?

This may seem like a rediculous question, but I haven't seen true reason to use Archon. There are many other abilities that seem more viable (i.e. Magic Weapon, Familiar, a second defensive skill). I've tried using Archon in different situations, and even with the slight knockback, it can't see the damage being overly worthwhile. I'm about to start "Hell" difficulty and from what I've been reading, it's all about being defensive and playing the slow kiting game to kill mobs. I've read about the APS, +HP Regen, and Life Leech spec, but is it really as strong as people have posted? The spec seems like it would be nerfed very soon if you can leech 3x your health every second making it near impossible to die.

These may seem like dumb questions, but I've just read too much and heard both sides of the story and looking to determine what the overall most viable spec as well as being viable in solo and co-op play.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
I used it when i was farming act 4 hell. I had a fairly tanky build, and using archon just further increases that durability allowing me more dps time, plus using archon on the first fight in act 4 sets you up with a 5+ min archon, and i just couldnt pass that up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]