Diablo® III

Group VS solo Loot?

is there any difference to the quality of loot being dropped if your solo or in a group?

i understand how MF works in group vs solo, but I'm just wondering if there is better loot in a group because the monster get harder (level up) with a group.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
the monsters don't get harder bc ostensibly you have more targets to confuse/seperate the monsters, overlap skills and quadrupedal your dps

the game gets somewhat easier with a team

the no drop rate, is likely NOT lowered with more players

the no_drop was lowered in d2, bc you fought for loot with 7 other players
Edited by zoid#1554 on 5/22/2012 8:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't think he asked about drop rate. He was referring to the quality of the loot, a question I was curious about as well.
Reply Quote
I was wondering this as well. My friend tried telling me the quality of the loot was better when you were grouped in a party, or you had a better chance to find quality loot when not playing solo. I didn't think that was true, but was unsure.
Reply Quote
thats just bad design if they made loot equivalent in solo and group play. They are supposed to encourage group play, this is an online game.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
05/22/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Samster
I don't think he asked about drop rate. He was referring to the quality of the loot, a question I was curious about as well.

don't know
AFIAK we don't have empirical A|B results in the millions (yet)
Reply Quote
I heard group is better for loot, as you all get seperate loot.
Reply Quote
with lvl 60 nephalem valor buff and with a little bit buff from gears, you will sure get better items. The chance to get better options item between group or solo play are THE SAME. And it make sense. The benefit of playing in group is that you will meet more champions/more mobs/more creeps (by the way, they will all get harder, more hit points, and beat harder). And at higher level like Act III of Inferno, very hard to play solo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]