Diablo® III

Dear Blizzard... we're pigeonholed

At Blizzcon 2011 you said viable & crazy builds...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzhoGX_7uFY#t=9m45s

The Reality is this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#lRXQOY!YdW!bbaYYZ

It is the only build that allows to solo or groupplay kill ANY elite packs.
We are pigeonholed into using at least 80% of this base to be viable.

I play online games since the ages of MUD's i played Guild Wars in Delta Formation which
was Top 5 2007-2008 and i build thousands of builds for competitive play, i played D1 and D2
and run a lot of the "viable" builds there aswell... for D3 it'S the above build and nothing else.

I tested a crap load of combinations, AS 2.8 signature spam, with crit stacking -> Arcane orb
blows, i tested channeling builds inifinte use of RoF, or disintegrate. Archon cooldown reduction CM way, even whirlwind teleport frostnova etc... it's just useless

in Inferno you got 1 build which is the " you need to have it" in order to be even able to clear
all RNG elites. You can actually play some variants but you got to pray for lucky RNG stats.

Any gapclosers or natural fast mob's will disable ANY channeling build type making it impossible to complete an Act and thus making any form of it unviable.

I'm not complaining that the game is to hard or anything since i rarely die like this and can
farm over and over again, whether solo or in group.

But im complaining because you promised that you will make it so that there will be a ton of
viable builds and not just 1 optimal build.

When i decided to roll a Wizard i wanted to cast meteors and tornado's or beam trough enemy's, if i would have known that i'm spamming blizzard and hydras for the next months
to farm gear for pvp, then i would have rolled another class..

Sincerly,

30k dps Wiz with 35k hp around 4k armor and 20% dodge.
Reply Quote
Considering I don't use the build you posted, you're already wrong. I don't use diamond skin, frost nova, or cold blooded. I've seen plenty of people posting inferno builds that are even further different from yours than mine is.

Some skills could use some tuning, sure, but you can't currently say "This build is the only acceptable build".

Also, from the link you posted, I don't recall seeing anything about whether this is even intended to apply to Inferno.
Edited by Xara#1975 on 5/22/2012 7:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Of your build, I only use teleport and diamond skin, and none of the passives.

What now?
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Rizzit

stop creating generalizations thanks
Reply Quote
I do not use the build that OP posts, and I do inferno....

What is more correct of you to say, that doing inferno WITHOUT force armor is impossible.
Using the diamond armor however is an extra defense, that you can live without but makes dealing with elites more timeconsuming and well...... you have kite allot.

But I do agree that using force armor with some sort of blizzard/hydra spam while running is the only option to deal with elites in inferno.
Reply Quote
I think you -can- get by without having diamond skin if you're careful, but it sure does make it a hell of a lot harder. I've been using this build, cleared act one, and I'm working on two.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acXQOR!YUX!acaZYa

Act 1 was a breeze of course, 2 is getting fairly rough, so I'm probably gonna switch it up again. I'm a little sad that two to three skill slots are automatically dedicated to certain skills for Inferno viability, but as far as I can tell, those skills give us the most survivability of any class in Inferno. I'm also disappointed that because the way Skin/Armor interacts, having more vitality can be very detrimental sometimes. It's very counter intuitive. I also don't think that the 6k HP/regen build is a very good option, because three simultaneous hits will kill you then.

Also, most classes seem to be fairly pigeon-holed for Inferno play. DHs have to take Smoke Screen/Prep. Witch Docs have to take Spirit Walk etc. I have no idea what monks and barbs do, but I've been hearing they have it pretty bad in Inferno.
Edited by Widget#1895 on 5/22/2012 7:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
At Blizzcon 2011 you said viable & crazy builds...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzhoGX_7uFY#t=9m45s

The Reality is this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#lRXQOY!YdW!bbaYYZ

We are pigeonholed into using at least 80% of this base to be viable.

I play online games since the ages of MUD's i played Guild Wars in Delta Formation which
was Top 5 2007-2008 and i build thousands of builds for competitive play, i played D1 and D2
and run a lot of the "viable" builds there aswell... for D3 it'S the above build and nothing else.

I tested a crap load of combinations, AS 2.8 signature spam, with crit stacking -> Arcane orb
blows, i tested channeling builds inifinte use of RoF, or disintegrate. Archon cooldown reduction CM way, even whirlwind teleport frostnova etc... it's just useless

in Inferno you got 1 build which is the " you need to have it" in order to be even able to clear
all RNG elites. You can actually play some variants but you got to pray for lucky RNG stats.

Any gapclosers or natural fast mob's will disable ANY channeling build type making it impossible to complete an Act and thus making any form of it unviable.

I'm not complaining that the game is to hard or anything since i rarely die like this and can
farm over and over again, whether solo or in group.

But im complaining because you promised that you will make it so that there will be a ton of
viable builds and not just 1 optimal build.

When i decided to roll a Wizard i wanted to cast meteors and tornado's or beam trough enemy's, if i would have known that i'm spamming blizzard and hydras for the next months
to farm gear for pvp, then i would have rolled another class..

Sincerly,

30k dps Wiz with 35k hp around 4k armor and 20% dodge.

While I agree with your general opinion, I would love to see how you have 30k dps and 35k hp.

I do not see how anyone could do inferno without TP with illusion, force armor, and hydra.
Reply Quote
Is acid hydra actually viable in inferno with how fast everything moves around? I notice it in your build, OP. I use arcane with the slowing rune for a bit more kitability, but if I swap in blizzard, I'll probably give it a shot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]