Diablo® III

Give us a changelog a few days prior

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, I'm a wizard.
Yes, I ran the FA build.
But more importantly, I'm a paying customer.

I have no problems with the build being changed. There was a lot of misinformation about it, but the change is fine with me. However, how it was done is where the problem lies.

Literally overnight, a vast majority of a wizard's gear has been rendered useless. Wizards everywhere are logging in to find out that the build they were using is now !@#$. Again, while a number of you thought the build was overpowered, think about the precedence this sets in how they will deal with things.

Blizzard saw the Wizard build as a problem, and nerfed it overnight. OVERNIGHT! Without saying anything about it until midway through the next day. If we had been given a 3 day notice, we could have atleast prepared for it. Now, countless wizards such as myself have almost no viable gear. And to top it off, the auction house is down.

Blizzard, if you're going to change something about a class, give atleast a 24 hour window of warning so that people of said class can make adjustments.
Edited by Swiftar#1554 on 5/23/2012 10:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Karma.
Reply Quote
Hardcore Wizard logs on, pops armor, goes to kill something, dead... FUUUUUUUU

I can imagine this happened atleast once today
Reply Quote
+1 for karma
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
What gear? Clearly you weren't using gear if you only had 4k health.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You had to guess this was going to be nerfed, had to.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
05/23/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Sindro
I just quit to day.. got over 75 hours played and I can´t do !@#$ anymore on my wizard....

Your tears are so good.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
As I said, I understand some of you are LOLing at wizards right now, but you have to think about how they handled this. If you can't see anything wrong with how they handled the change, then I'm not sure what to tell you.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
05/23/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Swiftar
Blizzard, if you're going to change something about a class, give atleast a 24 hour window of warning so that people of said class can make adjustments.

This is our goal (for some of the reasons you've outlined), and going forward we'll be working with our developers and quality assurance teams closely to deliver as much advance notice as possible on hotfixes. We'll be providing updates as frequently as possible here.
Edited by Lylirra on 5/23/2012 10:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm a wizard, in inferno, and I used 4.7k build.

I don't understand how anyone could run this build, and think that this is how the game was intended to be played, and that it won't be changed within days to a week. If you purchased tons of AH gear specific to this build, shame on you.

I farmed gear for this build, but kept regular gear (with defensive stats on it) in the stash in preparation for the inevitable nerf. Should there be patch notes explaining the changes to FA and maybe an updated tooltip? Absolutely! Do you have any reason to QQ about how you geared for this and now your gear is useless because you didnt know it would get changed? NOPE.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
05/23/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Swiftar
As I said, I understand some of you are LOLing at wizards right now, but you have to think about how they handled this. If you can't see anything wrong with how they handled the change, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

Here's what I can tell you; if you know something is broken, don't be a sheep and follow suit. I can see everything right with this. I'm a Demon Hunter, and my SS got Ninja'd too. Where's my threads? Oh wait, I didn't make any because my gameplay and play style didn't revolve around a single ability.
Reply Quote

if you know something is broken

How would you know what the developers do or do not consider broken?
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 10:26 AMPosted by Xenolithium

Here's what I can tell you; if you know something is broken, don't be a sheep and follow suit. I can see everything right with this. I'm a Demon Hunter, and my SS got Ninja'd too. Where's my threads? Oh wait, I didn't make any because my gameplay and play style didn't revolve around a single ability.

It wasn't broken. People running with low HP still couldn't kill the majority of champion packs and had difficulty on a lot of bosses (Diablo is all luck-based running with the build). Moreover people who were running upwards of 100k HP were using the same rune, and now it's useless because they're being one-shotted.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter

if you know something is broken

It gets hot fixed.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 10:26 AMPosted by Lylirra

This is our goal (for some of the reasons you've outlined), and going forward we'll be working with our developers and quality assurance teams closely to deliver as much advance notice as possible on hotfixes. *link I can't seem to relink removed*

Maybe also post about "scheduled maintenance" before hand, too?

Your 8 hour "scheduled" downtime this past Tuesday isn't even on the status forum now.

And maybe clarify - will Diablo 3 be down the same time as WoW always?
Reply Quote

It gets hot fixed.

So we're supposed to know after the fact? Are you aware of how stupid that sounds?
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 10:26 AMPosted by Lylirra

This is our goal (for some of the reasons you've outlined), and going forward we'll be working with our developers and quality assurance teams closely to deliver as much advance notice as possible on hotfixes. We'll be providing updates as frequently as possible [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5825330/"]here[/url].

What about when you push a hotfix, have a server notification for people logged in like you do when you're shutting down the servers to restart and also have the hotfix listed on the launcher so that people who werent online at the time will know about it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
05/23/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Alamandaros

It wasn't broken. People running with low HP still couldn't kill the majority of champion packs and had difficulty on a lot of bosses (Diablo is all luck-based running with the build). Moreover people who were running upwards of 100k HP were using the same rune, and now it's useless because they're being one-shotted.

Wasn't broken? Sure wasn't. It was only the most successful build on Inferno. Sorry if you think every Wizard and their mother should clear Inferno with 4k health while legit builds have difficulty above 30k health.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]