Diablo® III

Removed cookie-cutter builds? PLEASE.

(Locked)

05/23/2012 09:39 PMPosted by Goon
I usually try to keep from posting on the forums but my hand has been forced this time. You guys DO remember that this game is only a week out of the box right? I hope you also realize how much they are ACTUALLY doing to make the game great. When we have had a few major issues early(to be expected with ANY new game) they fixed it as soon as they knew about it. I have played Blizzard games for the better part of 15 years.. they care about their player base. If they didnt their games would NOT be successful for soooo long. If you want to actually HELP the game, offer suggestions without acting like a kid that got his toy taken away. The QQing Griping and Moaning ON and ON and ON doesnt help ANYTHING. Offer legitimate suggestions that can help them. Acting like a child helps noone.. and it make you look like a tool

Hey meta... looks like I'm not the only one who thought your post was completely unnecessary.
05/23/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Bashiok
The game is still very young, and it's an amazing game (as most will agree.) But there does have to be some changes in the way classes play out. We were promised various viable builds for customization, but it seems like everyone is following 1 person's build just so they can survive past Act 2 Inferno.

Absolutely! That's the problem exactly. These outlying OP skills need to be handled before we can pinpoint any content adjustments we need to make for the difficulty to feel a bit better, fight the need to kite everything which is killing melee's souls, address items, like, we understand and are working on all of these things. We're going to be working on and supporting this game for years to come, two weeks out, sure it's probably going to need some sanding. Bear with us. We love you.

If you took away revenge, barbarians would literally not be able to play inferno until content was adjusted or other skills were buffed. If you do it you need to accompany it with a video of a blizz dev surviving inferno without it (and not in act 1 with act 4 gear), to show us you actually test your game and don't just twist dials and laugh.
Never said you were the only one. If you've read past the first page it's kinda obvious lol.

That being said, as there are people who disagree, there are people who do agree with my point, maybe not completely, but the general gist of it at least.

ALSO I LIKE BEING A TOOL, WHAT OF IT? Freedom of choice my friend, there must be a balance between pricks and, well the opposite of a prick. And no Nemoch, before you ask, you do not fit under the later ladder.

Lol, I'm just a different kind of prick ;)
It's just like SC2, people watch a pro and since they are so brainless they all follow. I been using builds I've came up with myself and am doing just fine in inferno.

it's hard, but that's the POINT.
My point is you having issues with the game is not the problem. Its the way you present those issues that I personally feel is not helpful to you or the community. You catch more flies with sugar than you do vinegar.. just sayin
05/23/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Bashiok
Absolutely! That's the problem exactly. These outlying OP skills need to be handled before we can pinpoint any content adjustments we need to make for the difficulty to feel a bit better, fight the need to kite everything which is killing melee's souls, address items, like, we understand and are working on all of these things. We're going to be working on and supporting this game for years to come, two weeks out, sure it's probably going to need some sanding. Bear with us. We love you.

So as a 60 monk in Act II Inferno I'm curious, does this mean that eventually with the correct gear, you guys want to make it a goal that we can continue to melee mobs in inferno instead of kiting them while waiting for CDs? Would this also open up build options (I really liked using Mantra of Conviction, but have been forced to rely on MoH and MoE for survivability...as well as 3 defense skills) for characters progressing/farming in inferno?

I know, like the original post you quoted, that the game is still young. D2 was a MUCH different game from when it was first released to when 1.10 hit, and I trust that you guys are looking not what everyone is crying about (or else you'd have kept Boon but removed the spirit cost, like some would want) but what's needed for a smoother progression for all of the classes.

Really I'd just like to take a moment to thank you and the team for bringing us this game. Haters gonna hate, I'm having a blast!
Thanks for the heads up, looking at Revenge.

Barbarians, please direct feedback to MetaGensis.

(If you click the blue Blizz button over there to the right, you can jump to each subsequent blue post in a thread. Check it out!)

Love you Bash. Please continue calling out the fools who are rude and incoherent with their trash posts.

If you can't talk and think like an adult , then you deserve the sarcasm slap.
We're going to be working on and supporting this game for years to come, two weeks out, sure it's probably going to need some sanding. Bear with us. We love you.

The thing is... it's been years. I remember beta testing Diablo 2. Yes, and I've been keeping tabs on Blizzard's work on Diablo 3 in the intervening decade, including the early 'dead' years. And the beautiful, dark and shiny ball that was Diablo seems to have been dropped.
Edited by Bohemund#1924 on 5/23/2012 9:56 PM PDT
Sometimes I wonder how much weed Bashiok smokes... There is no way a human being is that chill with all these trolls with out some sort of medication. And considering they are in Irvine... It could be perfectly legal too.

Prozac maybe...

Something definitely. Even just a 6-pack.

hahaha so true man, sometimes I wonder why blizzard does anything for such an ungrateful community.

I wouldn't say the community is ungrateful. Just that there are a lot of whiners and complainers with no real thinkers/doers. Everyone is complaining about !@#$, no one is offering solutions to anything (at least not in General). It's not that hard: "I don't like X because of Y. You should change it to be more like A because of B."

Then Bashiok's responses would be more like "Thank you good sir for your input. Here are the reasons why X cannot be like A, but we are considering making it more like Q because of R, and your input has greatly helped"

Instead people are just going: "OMG I HATE X. FIX IT BLIZZARD"
05/23/2012 09:20 PMPosted by MetaGensis
It seems as if you're only viable argument is emphasizing CRYING the whole time just to make it seem as if I really cared, lol. What part of the concept, if something you bought has flaws, you complain about it? This is basic human nature, why are you even arguing about this? You realize you're the only person on this forum arguing about people pointing out flaws in the game? Damn, how foolish of me to forget about you crud fanboys, oh you make me giggle my friend, ooohhhhh my good friend.

And meta, you did to say that I was the only one complaining!!
I understand that everyone is a paying customer and has the right to voice their concerns. But, when did that ability to complain reduce your ability to complain in a mature and contributory nature?

Frankly, most of the criticism on these boards seem to be written by people who overvalue their own opinions and importance.
Edited by Maximer#1276 on 5/23/2012 10:09 PM PDT
I understand that everyone is a paying customer and has the right to voice their concerns. But, when did that ability to complain reduce your ability to complain in a mature and contributory nature?

Frankly, most of the criticism on these boards seem to be written by people who overvalue their own opinions and importance.

Amen.

+1
05/23/2012 07:36 PMPosted by Bashiok
Act like an animal? Oh so voicing your opinion is now considered to be barbaric? Wow, this game has really brought the best out of the community hasn't it.

You found your first post to be reasonably worded and expressed in a constructive and metered tone? K.

Yeah, another thing ..
Why bothering posting here anyways ? You should have known that a post like that is not doing any good. Lots of threads regarding several issues came up here since ( and before ) release, alot of them very well worded, yet unanswered.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]